Select to view content in your preferred language

Decimal conditional constraint not working

Jump to solution
03-19-2024 06:20 AM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a conditional constraint that is not working. The constraint is on a decimal type field and the appearance for the field is "numbers", which is like the calculator option to enter the values. The field has a default value of 2.5. I'm trying to put a constraint on the field so the value entered into the field can't be smaller than 2.5 and if it is lower than 2.5 it's supposed to show a constraint message. The constraint itself looks as follows  

. >=  2.5

Based on what I've read that should take the current value enter (.) and make sure that it's greater or equal to 2.5.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Doug! I'll read that and give it a shot. I guess this immediate gratification is kind of what I had envisioned for the survey and I couldn't get my head around the idea that's not how the constraints work. I'm going to try your emoji trick. 

FrederikPicavet
New Contributor III

Hi, I have the same issue, decimals don't work :

2024-06-20 08_53_43-Window.png

2024-06-20 08_54_56-Window.png

decimalsb_loop1_value_wheel_sb_s123LOOP1: Measurement wheel value: from white line to white line expressed in meter      ${sb_loop1_value_wheel_sb_s123} > 12.2<font color="red" size="4">Value must be between 12.2 and 12.5 !!!</font>${element_type}='SB_S123'   decimalesriFieldTypeDouble                    
0 Kudos