Decimal conditional constraint not working

Jump to solution
03-19-2024 06:20 AM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a conditional constraint that is not working. The constraint is on a decimal type field and the appearance for the field is "numbers", which is like the calculator option to enter the values. The field has a default value of 2.5. I'm trying to put a constraint on the field so the value entered into the field can't be smaller than 2.5 and if it is lower than 2.5 it's supposed to show a constraint message. The constraint itself looks as follows  

. >=  2.5

Based on what I've read that should take the current value enter (.) and make sure that it's greater or equal to 2.5.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Same as Doug. This works for me (I am also using Connect 3.19.x).

The only thing of note is that the XLSX template is out of date.

0 Kudos
MPach
by

@DougBrowning @abureaux  Thank you both. Seems like I need to update my software and XLSX template and see what happens. Much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I assume you updated Connect.

The next step I take when things are really acting strange is do a fresh copy:

1. In Connect, start a new blank project
    abureaux_0-1710864601845.png
  2. Once the survey is generated, go into the old XLSX and copy the file contents
    abureaux_1-1710864701601.png
  3. Paste the file contents as text only into the new XLSX
    abureaux_2-1710864775746.png

The end result is a clean document (e.g., no copy-paste shenanigans). To be extra safe, I'd also recommend running Analyze Survey to check for any anomalies (unlikely to help in this particular case though as I already did that).

abureaux_3-1710864893439.png

0 Kudos
MPach
by

I tried that too, lol, no luck!

0 Kudos
MPach
by

All updated and still not working 😵

0 Kudos
MPach
by

@abureaux @DougBrowning How did you both add the form I sent to your Survey123 Connect to test it?

I'm assuming you chose from File on the New Survey window!

I'm trying to eliminate possible issues. 

Thanks

MPach_0-1710864087227.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

When you want to use an XLSX:
abureaux_0-1710864343642.png

0 Kudos
MPach
by

Yep, just checking that's what you did. I know the screen shot I sent was confusing because I had the Blank radio button selected. I was trying to see if I needed to try a blank form or not. Anyway, I did that too and still no luck. I'm going to let ESRI tell me what the problem is now because I'm at a loss. 

Again, thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes file option

MPach
by

My eye roll emoji for my profile pic is there for a reason and it really didn't fail me this time. I really really over thought this one. 

My problem was in understanding how the constraint was supposed to work. I thought it was supposed to throw the message immediately after a number less than 2.5 was entered. Now I know that’s not the case and you need to submit the form before the message is thrown. 🙄  🤣 UGGGGHHHH! So so silly!

0 Kudos