Automate Email

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 07:09 AM
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

I have created a Survey and have published it. I want to be able to get an email whenever a new survey is submitted. This is for our County 911 Address Requests. Our IT department does not seem to want to trust many of the third party companies (Integromat/Microsoft Flow/etc.). Any thoughts on how to do this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I am going to talk to our IT department and see if they can't get Microsoft Power Automate to work. Seems they should be able to. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I extensively use Integromat for automation.  They offer a free solution which can be viable for many smaller implementations.  If your IT folks are skeptical, have them do a little research.

Microsoft Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow) is also a very viable solution.  You mentioned that your IT department does not want to trust 3rd parties... Do you guys use Outlook?  Word? Excel?  All Microsoft products just like Power Automate.  

AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I am going to talk to our IT department and see if they can't get Microsoft Power Automate to work. Seems they should be able to. 

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Webhooks would be the way to do this, but it looks like many of the workflows use the third party companies you mentioned.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/webhooks.htm 

Maybe if you show this documentation to your IT department they'd be a bit more trusting? haha

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Another approach: Python.

A couple of blogs written a looong time ago but that could give you some ideas:

If your IT team does not like Integromat/Power Automate, you can also discuss having a custom web service (hosted by your IT team) send the email once triggered by the Survey123 webhook.  Survey123 webhooks are not limited to Integromat/Power Automate. You can have your Survey123 webhook invoke your own web service, a Lambda function, Google function, Microsoft Logic Apps, etc.