Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding Survey123 Connect Form to Experience Builder to Edit Existing Record - Error

Jump to solution
06-13-2023 11:01 AM
LJackson29
Occasional Contributor III

Hi -

I am trying to add a Survey123 Connect Form to an Experience Builder app to Edit Existing Records, but am getting this error: "Editing is not possible because the globalId parameter was not provided". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? The form is built off an existing feature service with a related layer/repeat. Supports ApplyEdits with Global Ids is turned on in the service. Below are my settings in Survey123 Connect and Experience Builder.

LeilaJackson1_0-1686678876290.png

LeilaJackson1_1-1686679184978.png

LeilaJackson1_2-1686679233320.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LJackson29

Thanks everyone for their input. I figured out the issue. I had to add the GUID field to my repeat and then everything worked. 

LeilaJackson1_0-1687006534347.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
EliasRex
New Contributor III

Hi, do you have a map in your experience builder? and have you tried selecting a record on the map? It could be that the survey edit widget is waiting to receive the global Id from a selected record. 

0 Kudos
LJackson29

@EliasRex   I do have a map in my experience builder, and have tried selecting a feature and it does not populate the Survey123 form - sorry for leaving that out before.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

On the begin repeat line do you have query allowUpdates=true in the column bind::esri:parameters?

In the service are globalids on both layers?  You may also have to have a field in the repeat called parentglobalid - I am not sure if it can use a different name.  That is what 123 is using to relate t

0 Kudos
LJackson29

@DougBrowning Thanks for your response. There is nothing in the bind::esri:parameters column for the repeat. Can I add this in within Survey123 Connect or should it have been added when I created the form from the feature service? If I can add it within Survey123 what should it be exactly? 

In regards to the global IDs, both layers have global ids enabled, and the repeat layer has a GUID with the relationship between the main layer GlobalID and Repeat GUID fields. This is how we have setup other survey123 forms from feature services with related layers.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

DougBrowning_0-1686690013312.png

Yes add this in connect.

0 Kudos
LJackson29

Thanks @DougBrowning. I added the above to it to the XLS Form,  and republished, but unfortunately, that did not fix the error.

0 Kudos
LJackson29

@DougBrowning   Thanks for the links - I had not seen the first one, but unfortunately, I don't think any of these solve my issue. Very frustrating. I am trying to use Survey123 as a work around for Map Viewer forms which I was originally using but seems to have some bugs making it less than optimal. Survey123 would be great if I can get the survey edit widget to work. I tried using the Survey123 app on my ipad and was able to edit existing data there.

0 Kudos
LJackson29

Thanks everyone for their input. I figured out the issue. I had to add the GUID field to my repeat and then everything worked. 

LeilaJackson1_0-1687006534347.png