Mouse Wheel Zoom

12-23-2020 10:47 AM
DustinSchiffer
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been working with the new StoryMaps since launch, and have been quite happy with it. Unfortunately, I have a director breathing down my neck over the simple ability to be able to zoom in and out using either the mouse, or potentially if there is a key combination that works.

I've spent a year rebuilding a terrible project that I had inherited. Rebuilt everything from the ground up, layer by layer, polygon by polygon. I was quite happy with how it came out, and so was my director... but it seems that this simple feature is now a make or break for the entire project. I have tried explaining to him that ESRI removed the functionality due to embedding issues, looked for alternatives, rebuilt it in the old StoryMaps (which I got written up for, because it looked like it was made 10 years ago, which I explained the entire time while making it). Are there any work arounds or shortcut keys that could allow this functionality?

Tags (3)
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Frequent Contributor

@DustinSchiffer -- Sorry to hear about this. Could you be more specific about where the mouse wheel isn't working and provide some more detail? Is this in a map or possibly an embedded app? Do you have a screenshot to illustrate where/why this is an issue or could you share a link to the story (if it's public)?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos