Not able to add any additional blocks above Sidecar

Jump to solution
11-09-2022 07:39 AM
RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

Hi! 

This has to be a very simple question, but I'm struggling to understand what I'm missing. I created a story map with an immersive sidecar in it. I would like to now add some text/headings ABOVE the sidecar, but there is no option to do so when I hover over the space between navigation and the beginning of my sidecar (see snip below). Am I missing something here? 

Thanks!

RosemaryHatch_0-1668008347949.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RosemaryHatch -- If an immersive is the first block in the story AND you have enabled the story navigation bar the (+) inserter won't appear.

However, you can just add content below your sidecar then drag the sidecar below that other content. The drag handle to move the sidecar is at the left side of the slides panel.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 10.42.38 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RosemaryHatch -- If an immersive is the first block in the story AND you have enabled the story navigation bar the (+) inserter won't appear.

However, you can just add content below your sidecar then drag the sidecar below that other content. The drag handle to move the sidecar is at the left side of the slides panel.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 10.42.38 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

Thank you!! This is it. I don't know why I was beating my head so much with this one. Thanks.

0 Kudos