QuickCapture crashes on splash screen on iPad Mini (5th gen) version 14.7.1

08-16-2021 06:04 AM
WillHouston
New Contributor III

When I tried to open QuickCapture on an iPad Mini (5th gen) version 14.7.1 this morning, it would hit the splash screen then close after a few seconds. There were no logs recorded as far as I could tell. I tried restarting the iPad to no avail. The iPad had been updated last week, and I do not believe I used QuickCapture between the system update and today. It was crashing before and after I applied the August 2021 update. I had made no changes to any QuickCapture projects.

To resolve I reinstalled QuickCapture.

edit: as AndrewDeLuca pointed out in a comment, this is not a permanent fix. I was able to use it for over an hour without issue, but it started crashing again.

Tags (2)
27 Replies
CaraSmith1
New Contributor

We have this problem on the iPad mini (latest OS and updated Quick Capture) as well.  Not the same problem on the iPhone

0 Kudos
CNGD
by
New Contributor

We've been having the same issue.  One of our ipads auto-installed iOS 14.7.1 and QuickCapture started crashing.  An ipad with the older version did not have this issue.  As soon as I installed 14.7.1 QuickCapture crashed on that ipad too.  I have also submitted a case to ESRI.

WillHouston
New Contributor III

I asked for an update this morning. I have not heard anything since Thursday.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

@JohnathanHasthorpe Has this been added to a bug queue or addressed? It is starting to approach more than just an inconvenience.  

0 Kudos
WillHouston
New Contributor III

The Esri rep left me a message today. It does seems specific to 14.7.1, so downgrading is the only workaround they have at the moment.

CNGD
by
New Contributor

I got a call from an ESRI rep today too.  She was going to try to replicate the issue and possibly list it as a bug.  Wouldn't you know it, QuickCapture has been working for me today so I couldn't even replicate the issue.  Interesting to hear that a different rep suggested downgrading.  If the issue keeps happening, that is probably what we will end up doing until they can get it figured out.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all, we are looking into this issue and will provide an update as soon as we can.

This will be a priority issue for resolving.

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue will be resolved in 1.11 - Release scheduled for September 30 2021

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Issue will be resolved in 1.11 - 30 September 2021 release date.

0 Kudos
CaraSmith1
New Contributor

After updating the iOS to 15.2.1, we are having this issue again with iPad mini ( Quick Capture 1.12.104) once again.  Now there is also a similar problem on the iPhone (which gets past the splash page, but crashes when you try and look at the map.  It worked on the phone but I had to switch back and forth to Explorer to see the points and lines captured in the field for a trail inventory and assessment.  Will there be another update to QC?

0 Kudos