Voice Control of QuickCapture in iOS 16 does not seem to work

Jump to solution
11-18-2022 07:43 AM
Labels (1)
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

I have designed a QuickCapture app that I can use with Voice Control on an iPhone running iOS 15. I have tested the same app on two iPhones running iOS 16.1, with the exact same Voice Control settings, and the commands do not work. Voice Control is working in other apps on these two phones.

Has the dev team tested Voice Control in iOS 16? If this issue gets confirmed as a bug, is there any idea how quickly it might get resolved?

Many thanks for your time,

Erica Cirigliano

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Erica.  Thanks for posting. I can reproduce the behavior you describe. This issue is under investigation. We can't provide a tentative date for its resolution for now, but once we know better we will post here.

In the meantime, it would be great if you could open a Tech Support Incident, just so this is logged using the official channels as a BUG.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We will have a fix for this in 1.16 - which will be released in early December.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@EricaCirigliano The fix is now available. Download the latest build from the app store and you will be set.

More details about this update here.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Erica.  Thanks for posting. I can reproduce the behavior you describe. This issue is under investigation. We can't provide a tentative date for its resolution for now, but once we know better we will post here.

In the meantime, it would be great if you could open a Tech Support Incident, just so this is logged using the official channels as a BUG.

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

Thank you, Ismael. I have submitted a Bug Report regarding this issue to Technical Support this morning.

-Erica

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We will have a fix for this in 1.16 - which will be released in early December.

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

That's great news, @JohnathanHasthorpe . Thanks for the update.

Erica

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@EricaCirigliano The fix is now available. Download the latest build from the app store and you will be set.

More details about this update here.

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

Thank you @IsmaelChivite and @JohnathanHasthorpe. I have confirmed that voice control once again works on the app in iOS 16.x. 

0 Kudos