Multilingual QuickCapture projects

Jump to solution
09-09-2021 06:12 AM
Embeez
by
New Contributor III

Are there any plans to make QuickCapture multilingual? Survey123 has this funtionality and it would be very useful to have a similar option for QuickCapture?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Embeez - marking this as solved as idea has been raised: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-ideas/multilingual-quickcapture-projects/idi-p/109...

We use status to track outstanding questions, so need to make this change.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @Embeez QuickCapture is localized already, see its Supported languages.

• For the mobile app, the language used is determined by your device's language setting.
  • For the web designer, the default language is determined by your ArcGIS organization user language setting. When a user is not signed in to an ArcGIS organization, the web browser settings are used by the web designer.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Embeez,

I guess you mean making the project content multlingual like you can in Survey123. At the moment the only option is to create a different project for each target language.

Could you please raise it as an idea (along with details of your workflow) and we will review.

Thanks

John

Embeez
by
New Contributor III

Hi John,

Yes indeed - I mean the button labels and group titles. We work in a multilingual environment and although English is often acceptable, the more our use cases expand, the more we need more flexibility on language.

I'll post an idea as you suggest.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Embeez
by
New Contributor III

Receiving a reply to post an idea should not be classed as "solved" in my opinion!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Embeez - marking this as solved as idea has been raised: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-ideas/multilingual-quickcapture-projects/idi-p/109...

We use status to track outstanding questions, so need to make this change.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos