Quick Capture Photo Quality

Jump to solution
02-13-2020 10:10 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to use the quick capture app for our construction inspectors to quickly document a field condition with a photo.  For example, Damage to Tree, Damage to Pavement, or Damage to Sidewalk.  It seems to work well, accept the quick capture photo app doesn't have any settings like flash or HDR like the normal camera app, and the photo quality is very low resolution which makes the pictures not good enough to use.

• Is there a way to modify the photo resolution capture?
  • Can you have it use the native camera app instead of the quick capture app camera function?
  • We also would like an option to store the picture permanently on the phone and perhaps time and date stamp the photo like Survey 123.

If any of this is possible now, please let me know.  I could not find any options in the QC app or Designer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan,

You can configure photo quality in Designer from the JSON editor. 

Launch the JSON editor of your project, then look for your button (template) and change the imageSize property from “medium” to “large”.

"templates": [

{

"cameraInfo": {

"mode": "manual",

"imageSize": "medium",

"required": true

},

Enable Flash and store the picture on your local device are very good feedback for us to keep enhancing this functionality for a future release. 

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Mandy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan,

You can configure photo quality in Designer from the JSON editor. 

Launch the JSON editor of your project, then look for your button (template) and change the imageSize property from “medium” to “large”.

"templates": [

{

"cameraInfo": {

"mode": "manual",

"imageSize": "medium",

"required": true

},

Enable Flash and store the picture on your local device are very good feedback for us to keep enhancing this functionality for a future release. 

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the tip.  I will try the json editor.  I didn't see that when I was looking before but I do see it now.

I like where this product is going.  

Watermarking the photos with timestamp and gps lat long, store duplicate local copies of photos, and the option to use native camera app would be high on my list.  

Also if you are moving, recording the bearing as an attribute for points would be great so that the direction you were facing can be used symbolize the point symbol.

Embeez
by
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,
I have similar requirements for photo handling and found your post. Just wondering if you heard anything about the option to store photos on the device? This is the biggest critique I hear from staff.

0 Kudos