Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing service to AGS hangs in Pro

08-14-2024 07:16 AM
Labels (2)
clt_cabq
Frequent Contributor

I have a sql server based featureclass (point features, 3 related tables) that I am trying to publish to AGS (stand alone server) as a map service. The Server connection 'work's as it connects to the server, shows all the folders and existing services, I'm logging in with publisher credentials but when I select the "publish map service" option, everything just hangs up - the sharing panel just has the spinning icon, and nothing is accessible and I have to use Task Manager to end the task. Any trouble shooting suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

Stab in the dark here, but if you have connections to multiple portals (your server vs online) is the proper portal set as active?

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Frequent Contributor

Good thought and I fiddled a bit with that previously, but I don't think the sever connection works that way. I'm connected in Pro to AGOL which is where we get our licensing from and of course access to Online content. I don't think the Sever connection and publishing to a standalone server requires Pro to be connected to that same location as it creates a separate, independent connection. In fact it seems like you can't connect Pro to a server the same way you connect to AGOL or Portal (enterprise).

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

Are you able to "reboot" the server? I've seen a time or two where things seem to get "hung up" (although all connections are still visible/workable) for some reason but a reboot on the server resolves the unknown issue.

Also, this may not be the issue, but have you updated Pro since the last time you published a service?

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping to avoid that kind of escalation but if it becomes necessary we'll do that. And yes, its been a while since I've had to publish a service like this so Pro has been upgraded since then. I've actually resolved the issue by creating an .sd file and using that to publish via ServerManager. I'd still like to find a resolution, the GIS manager here suggests that the server may be a bit old for this workflow, which is concerning in and of itself.

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

May or not be related but I thought it would be worth mentioning since there are similarities: Re: Unable to Overwrite Standalone Server Service ... - Esri Community

0 Kudos