Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Overwrite Standalone Server Service From Pro 3.1 or 3.3

08-13-2024 01:52 PM
KansasDASC
Regular Contributor

Working with an existing service on one of our standalone AGS servers. It's a single layer map service. It is now on the Pro version of Runtime and I have attempted to overwrite the service from Pro 3.1 and 3.3 in order to update it. After I select the map to use for overwriting, I get an error that says "Unable to retrieve information for existing item". Not sure what that means, but I have tried different things which all have resulted in the same error. I have tried moving the source shapefile into a GDB, restarting the service in AGS Manager, confirmed there are no joins, confirmed the layer has no other schema locks, made sure there were no errors when publishing a new service.

If I take the same Pro project and publish a brand new service, it works fine, but when I try to overwrite it without changing anything, the error persists. Esri has a document about the error, but none of their proposed solutions affects this error.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SusanTran
Esri Contributor

Hi, it seems like you may be encountering a bug. I sent you a direct message with additional questions. 

MikeBingham
Emerging Contributor

Seeing the same issue.  Also when choosing to overwrite it no longer shows SOE in the capabilities tab.  Works fine when publishing a new service.