multipatch feature disappears when editing

04-06-2020 02:23 PM
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

When I try to edit a multipatch feature with edit vertices, it disappears.  I can edit using scale fine, but edit vertices makes it disappear.  See screen capture MP4 attached for what I mean.  It isn't just hiding below the ground surface.  It seems to be gone.  

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin, 

Try toggling this option to see if that makes a difference:

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

Hi Scott,

This did not make a difference. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

My current hunch is that the problem is related to the symbology, have you tried to set the multipatches to a filled symbology (try the one below) instead of the "wireframe" looking symbology you are currently using?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

Hi Scott,

I have tried different symbologies. I thought the same thing. It still disappears when trying to edit vertices. To test things, I did create a new multipatch feature class and manually drew buildings. That worked fine for editing. I also tried creating a different new multipatch feature class and retried copy/paste special the buildings made from polygons into that to see if it was a corrupted feature class I was working with causing the disappearance. The new feature class still disappears if I try to edit vertices. My sense is that there is a flaw in the copy/paste special functionality when copying from polygons to multipatch feature classes.

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
hilarysyvertson
New Contributor II

Hi Justin,

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue either when trying to edit vertices or multipatch textures. At first I thought it was a copy/paste issue, but I created a new multipatch feature class with buildings from scratch and I still have this problem.

TarigAhmed3
New Contributor II

Same here, any luck?

0 Kudos
hilarysyvertson
New Contributor II

I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I opened my multipatch feature class in a new project and then I could edit it and it didn't disappear anymore.

AnnaRiling1
New Contributor II

Did you ever get a solution to this? What version of Pro are you using? I noticed this issue in 2.6 but not in 2.8.

0 Kudos
sadiqtahmi1
New Contributor

You can change the color mode from RGB to CMYK, I tried that and I think it is a suitable solution for this problem, see the attached image

Untitled.png

0 Kudos