Input feature class is not registered as versioned???

02-12-2020 10:54 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

So calculating geometry (area) on a 10.8.0.25 SQL 2014 Enterprise Feature Class, Geography Storage Type, GCS projection in 2.5, not registered as versioned, no branch versioning, archiving enabled returns 

ERROR 130051: Input feature class is not registered as versioned.
Failed to execute (CalculateGeometryAttributes)

Drew Flater‌ I recall this coming up in the past, can't find the GN post though, or maybe it was in EAP.  Is there now a requirement that feature classes have to be registered as versioned to calculate geometry?

SQL trace shows

Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'states_cuk'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SDE_states'. The duplicate key value is (0, 0). as this is happening. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

"Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter"

Well there's her problem. But I'm on 2014 and having same problem so......

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

opsie that' OS not SQL!

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

I thought I included the server # but no!:

It's Enterprise Server 10.3.1

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Sean,

I suppose you already saw this:

SQL Server Enterprise GDB 10.3.1

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What version of SQL server (Not Windows Operating SYstem or ArcGIS Server version)? But if you're  still on 10.3, I suspect pretty old

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kathy,

Whats the version of SQL Server Enterprise?

Pro 2.5 has only been certified with SS 2014 and above.

I only ask to be sure because the associated version of management studio you listed seems to be from the SS 2012 time.

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Yes

I see what you are asking.

I have limited access to some of this information. So there's back and forth on my end.

It's SQL Server 2012 and 10.3.1 on arcgis for server.

I'm not sure I'm saying that correctly, but I do understand what you are asking and I hope what I have written makes enough sense that you understand the server environment. But, if calculate geometry doesn't work on 2014 either... what version does it work on? (I ask bc I believe our IT department is getting ready to upgrade, so I would like to know what to tell them we need now and going forward).

Thank you for all of your help guys!

Happy Valentine's Day to you ❤️

K

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

I looked online at the specs. Supported OS = Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter.

Also, on this webpage https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm there's a link to check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/Analysis/1186/12433/arcgis-pro-2-5

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kathy,

I took an interest in your question because i work with versioned and non versioned ediitng as part of the development work here. Like Drew with Thomas' question, I couldn't reproduce your problem with Pro 2.5 and SQL Server 2014 but we also run with relatively clean non production databases.

I would probably work with support on this issue unless somebody else chimes in soon. If you do contact support they will likely ask you to upgrade sql server. Upgrading may not solve the issue right away but at least we know it should work.

The list of currently supported versions can be found at: Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.8 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5

kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, that's helpful information.

K

0 Kudos