Input feature class is not registered as versioned???

02-12-2020 10:54 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

So calculating geometry (area) on a 10.8.0.25 SQL 2014 Enterprise Feature Class, Geography Storage Type, GCS projection in 2.5, not registered as versioned, no branch versioning, archiving enabled returns 

ERROR 130051: Input feature class is not registered as versioned.
Failed to execute (CalculateGeometryAttributes)

Drew Flater‌ I recall this coming up in the past, can't find the GN post though, or maybe it was in EAP.  Is there now a requirement that feature classes have to be registered as versioned to calculate geometry?

SQL trace shows

Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'states_cuk'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SDE_states'. The duplicate key value is (0, 0). as this is happening. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ERROR 130051

BUG-000125236

The error message, ERROR 130051: Input feature class is not registered as versioned is returned when running Calculate Geometry for area on layers containing joins.

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.7—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

This one?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BWang
by
New Contributor

Hi Thomas,

I found a similar issue when working with Calculating Geometry (area). After testing, I think the issue is with the relationships of the Feature Class you are working with. If you removed all the Relationships, the Geometry Calculation should finish without that Versioning error.

0 Kudos
BrianOevermann
Occasional Contributor III

This bug appears to have been re-introduced at Pro v2.8.0.

I had to fall back to ArcMap to get geometry calculated so I can get my project finished up, so I haven't had a chance to test further scenarios than the current task nor contact tech support.

AndrewBowne

I am running in to the same issue (again) with v 2.8.0

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

Same issue here, with v2.8.3.

Calculating values (including geometries) for feature classes with a RELATIONSHIP often required use of an edit session in ArcMap.  Feature classes with ATTACHMENTS are the most common RELATED feature classes, and therefore where I used to most commonly saw such issues in ArcMap.

The solution in ArcMap was to simply start an edit session, run the process, then close/save the edits.

I believe that this is the same issue but with a misleading error message.

I'm getting this error in Pro only for a feature class with RELATIONSHIP (in my case, attachments).  But Pro doesn't (by default) use edit sessions like ArcMap did.  So how do we get around this in Pro?

WORK AROUND that solves the problem for me:

I got this to work successfully by doing it in ArcMap instead (and using an edit session).

Let's hope it gets fixed (again?) before ArcMap becomes unsupported.

0 Kudos
Dominik
New Contributor

Hi Thomas,

it's little bit time from posting your problem, but if there's anybody with same issue, i decided to post solution that works fine for me.

Program: Arc gis pro 2.4.

Problem: After calculating geometry in shapefile column, there wasn't any way to repeat calculation after editing area of shapes or merging them. Program gives me the message, that "Input feature class is not registered as versioned. Failed to execute (CalculateGeometryAttributes)."

Solution:

1) Close the application and open it again. Close browsers that can use the edited file (windows explorer, etc.)

2) Remove column with calculated geometry.

3) If the program don't remove column from table visually, but in shapefile it is deleted - remove layer from layout and add it again. (Refreshing doesn't worked for me.)

4) Create new column and calculate geometry again. (After finish editing you would like.)

I thing it can be solved by creating new column for calculation without erasing the old one, but i want just one column with shape geometry in my shapefile.

Don't know, why the problem is there, but hope, that in newer wersions of Pro it's solved.

Best regards

Dominik

0 Kudos
BrianOevermann

No disrespect, @Dominik but please note that others noted that this appeared to be fixed in a later version. However, at v2.8 the issue has returned and it is mentioned that it still persists at 2.8.3.

While deleting the column with calculated geometry and recreating it might be a solution for a one-off calculation, it isn't a viable solution for workflows that include calculating geometry for new features added or existing features edited.

Also, you use the term 'shapefile' a number of times in your proposed solution. I'm hoping you are using that term generically to mean the feature class because Thomas' issue (and mine plus others) is specifically regarding Enterprise geodatabase feature classes and not the shapefile format, which doesn't allow versioned editing.

Esri simply needs to fix the issue!

0 Kudos