Failed to open map view

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 11:43 PM
NadaKadhim
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,

I have been working for 15 days on an important project. Every step/process that I was working on I saved it. When I open ArcGIS Pro (version 2.8) I found this message.

Please, could you help me in fixing this issue as soon as possible?
I'll highly appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Best regards,

2021-09-01_231007.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kathlynmd
New Contributor

I've run into this problem a few times and it looks like others still are as well, so I wanted to offer my stop gap solution that I use. I just open a new blank map within the project and add in all my files/feature classes again from the catalog. It doesn't save your formatting/symbology but usually all of the geoprocessing tools' outputs are saved as files to the project. Not a perfect solution, but something at least. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
62 Replies
NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Any answer/solution, please!

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, the best course of action is to contact Esri Technical Support if you haven't done so already. This is probably something that needs troubleshooting.

Tim

0 Kudos
NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thanks, Tim for your response. That's right, I contacted them indeed but no reply yet!

0 Kudos
DavidPařík
New Contributor

hello! today the exact same thing happened to me.. did you find any solution? i casually saved the project in school but later this day i tried to open the same project at home and "failed to open map view" ...
thanks for any advice!!! 🙂

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Meanwhile, could you try the following options? 

1. Close all applications. Restart your system.

2. Try opening the APRX file from a fresh ArcGIS Pro instance? Project > Open. Also 

3. Save As the project to a new location, and try opening the newly saved file.

4. Share as Project Package. Then extract the package .

Think Location
0 Kudos
ChristineSeidel
New Contributor III

Hello -- Did you ever find a solution to this issue?  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 and this same thing has just happened with a project I was working on.  Thanks.

- Chris

0 Kudos
KrisKarki
New Contributor II

I also received same issue today. I did all what  JayantaPoddar advised. But, did not open the map. Any solution yet?

KrisKarki_0-1680026372860.png

0 Kudos
GavinHoward
New Contributor

Found a solution! If you copy and paste the map that fails to open, the new copy will work.

0 Kudos
KrisKarki
New Contributor II

I tried, did not work. thank you. 

0 Kudos