Exported map missing lines version (Pro V2.7)

Jump to solution
12-20-2020 03:16 PM
JessicaStrauss
New Contributor

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Since updating to Pro Version 2.7 last week all outputs (Jpeg, Png, PDF) are all missing graphic lines (feature ones are fine just those used for borders etc. I have searched but can't work it out.

Example 1: This is on the layout view - this is what we want as the output

JessicaStrauss_3-1608506000668.png

Example 2: This is the exported view

JessicaStrauss_2-1608505985836.png

42 Replies
JessicaStrauss
New Contributor

Thanks for the code worked perfectly. I'm not a coder at all (generally can never get these things to work) but this was easy to use and simply just a copy and paste. Just indent the "lyt.exportToPDF(f"C:\Temp\{lyt.name}.pdf", 150, "BEST", True, "ADAPTIVE", True, "LAYERS_ONLY", True, 80, False, False, False)" line.

Copying and pasting the elements works too but it's not really conducive to a larger number of layout views. I often have over 30 maps per project and a time limit due to cost to get these done.

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

"BUG-000136364" is all I got from support after sending in my template..."case closed", that's sad. I think everyone who's experiencing this should continue to comment on this post, maybe just to see how prevalent the issue is. Copying and pasting these elements and replacing legends on all of our hundreds of existing Pro projects is not really helpful, and is going to cost us a lot of money and time. While the Python solution would work yes, I can't really expect/explain that to our "lighter" GIS users who only occasionally use Pro.

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for contacting support. Having an official BUG number help! It also helps track the issue since its status automatically changes as the issue goes through the system.

As of now we don't know the prevalence of this issue.  Our testing and certification of Pro 2.7 did not undercover any issues like this and we have many test cases with line work on layouts that get exported to all the supported formats.  However, enough people are reporting this issue that we consider this a HIGH PRIORITY item. We "lucked" into a test case that reproduces the issue and that gives the developers something to work with.

Recreating these items is NOT acceptable. We understand this and offer the python work-around as something to work with until we have a solution. Unfortunately, it is the only option at this point. Hopefully, the examples provided at the links can help "code adverse" GISers a little help to overcome any hurdles.

Tom

TanyaOwens

Is there any update on BUG-000136364?

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Tanya, 

You should be able to see the status of a bug on the support site - https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=BUG-000136364

Tom

0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Hi Tom, 

I can't find any reference to the BUG via your link or any searches on the support page. Are you able to provide a working link to this case?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lindsay, 

Looks like the search engine is not working.  Thanks for reporting the problem with search.

This bug is currently being worked on. Hopefully we can get it out with the first service pack - but I cannot make any promises.

@KoryKramer  -  This link brought up the correct result Monday. Today... basically useless. 

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=BUG-000136364

Who do we contact to look into this?

Thanks, 

Tom

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey Tom, search does work on the support site - be sure to use the filter dropdown and filter on Bugs:

KoryKramer_0-1609939646742.png

BUG-000136364 is not returned in the results because it is new enough that it is still in the copy review process so has not yet been published to the site.  @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA BUG-000136364 is the bug number.  You can contact technical support if you would like to be attached to it.  Alternatively, you can check back on support.esri.com and when it is published you'll be able to click the Subscribe button which will set you up for status notifications.  Sorry about the inconvenience on this issue.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA The bug is now published here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzNjM2NA==

You can visit that page and click the Subscribe button. 

KoryKramer_0-1609978339220.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Thanks @KoryKramer and @TomBole for your assistance. I don't know if it matters, but I noticed in the BUG Synopsis that it only refers to rectangle graphics. We noticed the same problem occurring with line graphics too but I couldn't see a way to contact them directly on the BUG listing. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos