Configured Pop-ups in ArcGIS Pro do not Publish to Portal

Jump to solution
05-11-2020 11:20 AM
BrandonPetry2
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro version 2.5.  I have configured pop-ups as you can see in the two images below.

I have read that you can publish the layers and these configured pop-ups will follow to Portal which my version is 10.7.1.

https://community.esri.com/thread/246120-pop-up-created-in-pro-does-not-work-when-published-to-porta...

https://community.esri.com/thread/212571-how-do-you-display-popups-configured-in-pro-with-expression...

My workflow is like the first post's for publishing.  Share tab -- Publish web layer -- I am referencing registered data -- Publishing both Feature and Map Image.  I do not have version issues like the second post with my Portal being above 10.6.

After the publish goes though, when I open the web map and load the data in, none of the pop-up configuration transfers.  The custom text, selection of fields, and expressions do not publish.  I have tried this with the image layer, the feature layer, registered data, and hosted data.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks for your thoughts!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonPetry2
New Contributor II

To answer my own question.  This issue was found to be caused when publishing directly to an ArcGIS server and not when publishing to the Portal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrandonPetry2
New Contributor II

To answer my own question.  This issue was found to be caused when publishing directly to an ArcGIS server and not when publishing to the Portal.

0 Kudos
MaxSquires
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon Brandon,

i was wondering if you would mind expanding on your answer here.  what do you mean by 'publishing to portal' versus 'publishing to server'?  
i am running into a similar problem and i thought it was merely a matter of publishing the service, but it isn't working for me.

sd = xmap.getWebLayerSharingDraft("FEDERATED_SERVER", "MAP_IMAGE", "TESTING POPUPS") 

(thinking the above was where you were publishing to server, i also tried 

sd = xmap.getWebLayerSharingDraft("HOSTING_SERVER", "FEATURE", "TESTING POPUPS")

)

then

sd.exportToSDDraft("C:/admin/popupdraft.sddraft") 

then

arcpy.StageService_server(in_service_definition_draft=r"C:\admin\popupdraft.sddraft", out_service_definition=r"C:\admin\popupdraft.sd")

and finally

arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server(in_sd_file=r"C:\admin\popupdraft.sd", in_server="https://<hostname>/server", in_folder_type="EXISTING", in_folder="Test")

in none of my attempts so far have i been able to see the popupInfos represented in the default webmap of portal.

thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for this post - I am having the same issue and it was helpful. Follow-up question for you: is the server that you're publishing to federated with your Portal? We decided against federating this time around and are wondering if that makes any difference with the pop-up transfer.

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

@BrandonPetry2 Can you expand on how you solved this issue while publishing to Portal vs Server? I have some layers that will accept the ArcPro configured Popup- and others with near identical pop-up configuration will not show, and when opening it in a webmap, the layer has its pop-up off and not configured.

Adrian
by
New Contributor II

Same here with ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and Enterprise 11. Configured popups do not survive a publishing process coded with python and arcpy. However, when published manually with ArcGIS Pro, popups are OK. Obviously there must be a difference, a secret burried in ArcGIS Pro which is not available in the Python API.

DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

I've got the same issue with ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and Enterprise 11.1. Similarly to @Adrian we have published not manually, but via Poweshell DSC (not python and arcpy) for multiple services exported as offline SDs. 

Publishing from Pro (still 3.1) and overwriting these services applies the popup config as configured in Pro, just as it says it will:

DeanMoiler_0-1708519765834.png

It would be great if this issue was resolved so that popup config was applied without needing to overwrite published services from Pro, as the DSC/Python publishing is very useful for portal migration. Otherwise it would be good to know if this is expected behaviour, or a limitation of automated publishing methods.

I have also just performed a manual publish of offline SD via ArcGIS Server directly using Pro 3.2.0 and Enterprise 11.2, and the issue still appears to occur with no popups enabled / configured once published.

0 Kudos
MartaZ
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

the issue with pop-ups should probably be fixed in ArcGIS Pro 3.3. 🙂

BUG-000154648 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

Tags (1)