ArcGIS Map to ArcGIS online, later StoryMap

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 04:57 PM
Labels (3)
SarahModlin
New Contributor

Hi! I'm trying to upload my ArcGIS Map to online. I need to make a storymap. I keep getting the same message "Unable to import this shapefile". I also did a "Share as WebMap" in my ArcGIS desktop, but I don't know where it went/where it's shared. So I don't know if share as webmap will help build my story map

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @SarahModlin ,

Can you check if you are signed in to your ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Desktop?

shan_sarkar_1-1646021762019.png

If you are logged in t ArcGIS Online from your desktop, you can see your folders (root folder & custom folders).

shan_sarkar_3-1646023250383.png

Having said that, I would request you to kindly log into www.arcgis.com via your web browser and check if the account is a public account or an organizational account. 

If you have an organizational account you would be able to see the Organization tab on your web browser after you have logged in.

shan_sarkar_4-1646023324292.png

I hope this helps.

~Shan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @SarahModlin ,

Can you check if you are signed in to your ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Desktop?

shan_sarkar_1-1646021762019.png

If you are logged in t ArcGIS Online from your desktop, you can see your folders (root folder & custom folders).

shan_sarkar_3-1646023250383.png

Having said that, I would request you to kindly log into www.arcgis.com via your web browser and check if the account is a public account or an organizational account. 

If you have an organizational account you would be able to see the Organization tab on your web browser after you have logged in.

shan_sarkar_4-1646023324292.png

I hope this helps.

~Shan
0 Kudos
SarahModlin
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos