Problem Publishing Parcel Fabric Feature Class

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 01:34 PM
Syvertson
Occasional Contributor III

I have a parcel fabric that was in a file based gdb.  I have been able to get the data successfully transferred to SQL, and am trying to set up the feature service.  I created a branch version to my connection to the fabric, but when I publish the feature service according to these instructions (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/parcel-editing/workflow-publishpf.htm) , I run into an error.

MatthewSyvertson_0-1624393790951.png

I have no idea how to change the owner of the branch version to match with my connection. 

Please help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Does your GIS_Admin user have the "sysadmin" role applied?  If so, take the user out of that role and try to publish again.  What might be happening is the user was given an elevated privilege which causes the user to be seen as having the DBO schema.  This creates a mismatched schema situation which is perfectly legal in SQL Server but causes problems in the geodatabase.

View solution in original post

Syvertson

Thanks to all.  Apparently dbo schema does not work in the publishing of of a branch versioned parcel feature service in SQL.  I created a new user with its own schema (user: gis schema:gis) and was able to get past these errors.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This would be in the geodatabase connection settings. When you connect to the SQL database, you're using a user/password to do so, and this error means that you're not connected as DBO. I'm not sure about changing the owner of a DB table, though. You may need to re-create the parcel fabric as the GIS_Admin user.

The Copy Parcels tool would be great for that, if you need to go that route. The tool really ought to be named "Duplicate Fabric", since that's what it's doing.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Double check you are logged into the .sde connection file as the "gis_admin" user.  It sounds to me the database connection properties are pointing to a user other than the owner of the data.

For example I have a fabric owned by "GIS".  To publish this fabric, I would need to log in as the GIS user to the database connection.

KenGalliher1_0-1624394809268.png

Let me know if that helps or if you have any more questions.

Ken

0 Kudos
Syvertson

I am signed in as GIS_Admin. 

MatthewSyvertson_0-1624395644457.png

And in SQL, GIS Admin is the Owner:

MatthewSyvertson_1-1624395731655.png

When I create the connection to the database, the branch version is automatically assigned to DBO, I can't seem to change that.  I just need to figure out how to change the DBO schema ownership to GIS_Admin, I think??

0 Kudos
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Does your GIS_Admin user have the "sysadmin" role applied?  If so, take the user out of that role and try to publish again.  What might be happening is the user was given an elevated privilege which causes the user to be seen as having the DBO schema.  This creates a mismatched schema situation which is perfectly legal in SQL Server but causes problems in the geodatabase.

Syvertson

Yes.  GIS_ADMIN has sysadmin permissions.  I changed the database owner in SQL Server to another user that was created just for this purpose.   I changed the connection properties to this new user and I re-added all the layers to the map.  Still had the same problems when trying to publish.

0 Kudos
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

With the sysadmin role removed, copy in the feature dataset again with that user logged in.  In the catalog pane, the new feature dataset should say <database>.GIS_Admin.<fds_name>.  From there, try publish again.

Syvertson

I started from scratch again, doing EVERYTHING (connect to database, enable enterprise geodatabase, copy fabric to new feature dataset, etc.)  from a new user whose only purpose is to do this task.  I followed all the instructions to the tee.  I am having same issue.  I opened a trouble ticket, and OF COURSE I am getting zero response there.  When I do get a call, it will likely be someone who knows nothing about parcel fabrics...

0 Kudos
Syvertson

Thanks to all.  Apparently dbo schema does not work in the publishing of of a branch versioned parcel feature service in SQL.  I created a new user with its own schema (user: gis schema:gis) and was able to get past these errors.