"Update View" Option Not Showing

04-18-2022 03:14 PM
MaggieMartinez
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to update the view layer of a hosted feature layer, but no "Update View" button even shows within the settings tab of the view layer. 

I did not set up these layers so I am unsure how it was created, but I am sure the view was created from the hosted feature layer I made edits to. Any ideas on why the update view button would be completely absent here?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Per the AGOL docs:

Only the owner of a hosted feature layer can create a hosted feature layer view from the original layer.

I have to assume the same restriction applies to any adjustments made to the view, though the docs are not as clear on that point.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue. And this persists whether or not I am logged in as the owner of an item or just as an administrator.

JakobSchneider
Esri Contributor

It would guess that it was joined view. You are not able to alter the join definition for a view. Only a regular view will have the option to adjust it under the source dataset's item setting.

For joined views you see how it was created at the admin rest endpoint under it's service definition. 

0 Kudos