Juypter Notebook (via ArcPro) missing menu bar

11-20-2021 02:55 AM
Abdulqadoos
New Contributor

So when ESRI's ArcPro was updated a week+ ago, the menu bar in juypter notebook disappeared. Now I have a hard time resetting kernels and doing basic functions (not stopping me but extremely annoying). Screenshot below.

Any ideas on how I turn it back on. I can see a flash of the menu with the Juypter logo when I first open a notebook, but then all I get across the top is "Edit, View, Inset, Cell, Help" and I know the View button isn't showing all the options it normally does.

Yes, the instance of Juypter notebook is installed as part of ArcGIS Pro - since it added it anyway, I've just been using that.

Thanks in advance. Link

Kelly

Juypter Notebook version 5.7.10 ArcPro 2.9.0

23 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

yes, something was done

I use JupyterLab outside of Pro, The file that needs to run is

C:\... YouInstallFolder ...\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\pythonw.exe "C:\... YouInstallFolder ...\bin\python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Scripts\jupyter-lab-script.py"

So basically you need to run jupyter-lab-scripy.py which is located in the scripts folder

I just created a shortcut on my desktop to make it easier to run

... sort of retired...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Dan! Your work-around worked for me.

Carole

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No problem, it seem to work for some at least

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Adam222
New Contributor II

I get this when I try to open with Jupyter Lab. 

Adam222_0-1643659485556.png

0 Kudos
EugenioArima
New Contributor III

Exactly the same issue here.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

but as I said, when I ran Jupyter Lab outside of Pro, and then made a new Jupyter notebook inside of Pro, the menus returned.

Lab reset something in Notebook

Jupyter Lab ==> Jupyter Notebook == Menus

menusback.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EugenioArima
New Contributor III
I tried on both my arcgispro-py3 and my cloned environment and unfortunately the trick didn't work. Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

C:\_Your_Install_folder_\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\pythonw.exe "C:\_Your_Install_folder_\bin\python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Scripts\jupyter-lab-script.py"

Is the shortcut executable, or try it from the command line

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EugenioArima
New Contributor III
Yep. Jupyter lab works fine but Jupyter notebook inside or outside Pro continues not showing the 'File' menu. Not a big deal but annoying.

0 Kudos