Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a Hidden Field With Default Value for Prescreening Feature Layer Used in AppStudio

06-22-2021 11:42 AM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

I am working on two ESRI AppStudio apps that will allow members of the public to both collect and view features. The "collector" app is linked to a hosted feature layer that will then be displayed in the "viewer" app. To ensure quality of what is collected and to pre-screen the data before it is loaded from the collector to viewer app, I am trying to figure out the most logical way to do this.

One idea that I had was to create a field in the hosted feature layer called "Approved" and set the default value to "No". Then, when data is collected, I can go in and switch the "No" to "Yes". I have been reading about hosted feature layers and as I understand it I can filter those features that contain a "Yes" in the approved field?

What I would like to know is if I can hide this field so that users of the collector app will not see it on their form where they will fill out details of the collected feature? Right now there are six fields where they provide values. I just want to make sure that users cannot change this Approved value.

So I want a field with a default value of "No" that users in the app will not be able to change. I will then go in and change the value to "Yes" and have those populate the hosted feature layer that will be used for the viewer app.

Hopefully this makes sense, but if anyone else has a better and/or more efficient way to do this I am open to any and all suggestions. Also, if you need more clarification please let me know that as well.

Garrett

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

You can hide the field in the popup maybe, or use a Hosted Feature Layer View?

0 Kudos