ArcGIS Online no pop up in raster/tile layer

01-04-2022 12:13 PM
JDPT
by
New Contributor II
I am building a WebGIS using ArcGIS Hub and ArcGIS App Builder.

I have uploaded several Raster files to ArcGIS Online (Tile layer files) from ArcGIS Pro using the Create Map Tile Package tool. Then, I created web maps with 5 of those raster files (Tile layer), and web apps from those web maps.

The issue is that is not possible to get information about those maps themselves by clicking on them. That is, there is not a pop up available. In ArcGIS, one can click on a pixel and get that pixel value, but in ArcGIS Online, unfortunately, that does not work for me at the moment. Perhaps because in the cloud, those maps are identified as basemaps and not as data layers themselves.

May you help me overcome this problem or do you know about an easy solution to solve it?

Also, do you know if it is possible to create sub-groups of layers by aggregating them in ArcGIS Online?

5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you using the new web map viewer or web map viewer classic?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
JDPT
by
New Contributor II

The classic web map viewer. Yet, the option to enable and configure pop ups does not work either.

0 Kudos
YunbeiOu
New Contributor II

Hi, have you found a solution for this yet? I am also trying to upload tile layer to ArcGIS Online as WMS, but the pop-up does not work in ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos
JDPT
by
New Contributor II

Unfortunately not yet...it seems there is no solution apparently. And lack of support from the ESRI team

0 Kudos
cbp-geus
Occasional Contributor II

This issue was already reported back in 2016 (need popup for rasters on ArcGIS Online webmap - Esri Community) and there is still no solution to this. This is still an issue that the user is not able to get basic popup info on rasterdata in AGOL. Popup info on raster cells is basic in ArcGIS and should not be limit to the use of the data is published. Please consider implementing this, as most basic web map viewers are able to do this.

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos