1 step pop-up in Web App Builder

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 08:39 AM
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to configure pop-ups in a web app to be like the pop-ups in a map viewer? So that it doesn't just provide the title, and the user has to click on the arrow to get the complete pop-up. 

AJ_devaccount_0-1643906154669.png

Map viewer shows the complete pop-up on the first click, and it'd be great if the web app behaved the same way.

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you use Experience Builder? 

RussellRoberts1_0-1643907694914.png

View solution in original post

JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

It absolutely has to do with screen size.

From this page:

Control when to turn on mobile layout

The app supports two styles of layout based on the screen size. One is for desktop and one is for mobile devices. When either the height or width of a screen display is less than 600 pixels, the mobile layout applies automatically. However, this can result in unexpected behavior when the app is embedded in a website, for example, when the pop-up in the website is in the mobile layout style. To control the layout style, use mobileBreakPoint=<pixel number>. For example, you can remain in desktop style until the screen size is less than 300 pixels, as shown below:

http://<your portal url>/apps/webappviewer/index.html?mobileBreakPoint=300

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you use Experience Builder? 

RussellRoberts1_0-1643907694914.png

AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @RussRoberts , we haven't used Experience Builder before, but will try it out

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe that has something to do with the size of the screen, too, doesn't it? My WAB popups look normal enough when I have my app fullscreen, but get the version pictured in your post when the window gets down to tablet size and smaller.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @jcarlson, it does work at 90% zoom on my desktop browser, but yeah as you mentioned in cell phones and tablets, it's the version I posted. Having the pop-up become full screen if you want to view the complete information isn't ideal. I've just experimented with Experience Builder on a cell phone, and that works better. 

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

It absolutely has to do with screen size.

From this page:

Control when to turn on mobile layout

The app supports two styles of layout based on the screen size. One is for desktop and one is for mobile devices. When either the height or width of a screen display is less than 600 pixels, the mobile layout applies automatically. However, this can result in unexpected behavior when the app is embedded in a website, for example, when the pop-up in the website is in the mobile layout style. To control the layout style, use mobileBreakPoint=<pixel number>. For example, you can remain in desktop style until the screen size is less than 300 pixels, as shown below:

http://<your portal url>/apps/webappviewer/index.html?mobileBreakPoint=300

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @JohannesLindner! That worked

0 Kudos