Select to view content in your preferred language

Monitor 2023.2 Host metrics not what is listed in the Metrics reference document.

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 07:15 AM
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

I am setting up ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 and connected my first windows host to it. When I look at the overview for the server I am only getting the Memory Utilized metric to show data. When I go to the Metrics page for the server, the items listed are not what is listed in the Metrics reference document. For example, I do not see 'CPU Utilized' metric - but I do have 'Process CPU Utilized - arcgisserver.exe (%)', Process CPU Utilized - arcsoc.exe (%), and Process CPU Utilized - Powershell.exe (%). Is there a way to reset the metrics that are collected?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help on this

0 Kudos
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

I wanted to put in one additional comment - For anyone that has this issue and is looking for a fix. I was able to get the CPU Utilized metric working by adding the service account to the "Performance Monitor Users" Group. 

Full requirement is: Service account in both these groups

Performance Monitor Users

Remote Management Users

Also need to open the WMI Management Console and add the "Remote Management Users" group to the CIMV2 security setting with both Enable Account and Remote Enable checked.

Hope this helps someone.

Cory__Williams
New Contributor II

Hi @Pat_Gallagher 

Cheers for this note, it's helped me out tonight to get the Disk Storage and Network stats being pulled in! 

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

What was interesting that it looks like you were able to get some metrics, but not others.  I'd expect with no permissions, you'd be getting a cim error.  Anyway, glad this is working for you.

0 Kudos