Select to view content in your preferred language

Database Sessions (total) metric does not work

02-08-2024 10:08 PM
TimoT
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have 2023.1 and 2023.3.1 and the issue occurs across both versions. I've successfully registered a postgres database to Monitor. Metrics such as Cache Hit % and Database Connectivity work fine. However, anything to do with number of active sessions to database does not work and the value is always at 0 in Monitor.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TimoT,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. After some triage, I determined that this metric is tracking the number of database sessions opened by ArcGIS clients (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, etc.), not the total number of open sessions. I will create an issue and let the development team know about this misalignment  between our documentation and actual behavior.

Josh

TimoT
by
New Contributor III

Thanks @GeoJosh.

Would the team only look to adjust documentation to align with current behavior?

If so, any chance to submit this post as an ArcGIS Monitor Idea to add total number of open sessions as a metric? This is a metric I was interested in capturing.

Cheers,

Timo

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TimoT,

Feel free to submit an ArcGIS Idea for this metric. I have submitted this enhancement to the development team and it is planned to be included in a future release of Monitor.

Josh