i am using GIS for Yemen maritime strategy planning how to find maritime dates in red sea and Indian ocean

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 06:55 PM
TUOAA21
New Contributor II

HI all, i have been working on my project how to use MSP and GIS to build Yemen maritime security, so could u please help me how to discover and analysis maritime dates in order to discover maritme elements that more effect to build strategy. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed question. Typically, maritime security begins with situational awareness of both infrastructure and dynamic elements, such as vessels and weather, in addition to threats for which you may have internal data.  The Maritime Chart Service, one of the demonstration items in our team portal, is an ideal base for maritime infrastructure because it uses ENC directly, regardless of how the ENC are compiled. Outside the USA, you will need to purchase S-63 ENC from a supplier, typically one of the RENCs such as IC-ENC.

Other data sources may include:

• World Port Index NGA
  • Mobile offshore drilling units (MODU) NGA
  • EEZ (Living Atlas) Esri
  • Gulf of Aden shipping schema – such as this - if you do not have ArcGIS Maritime Server:
    • GuyNoll_0-1671228948202.png

• Global Shipping Routes – Newer routes may be different due to the implementation of the routes above.
  • Anti-Shipping Activity Messages – NGA
  • NAVWARN – NGA (HYDROPAC 9 –IX region)
  • AIS – Multiple Sources such as Spire or MarineTraffic
  • Weather – Living Atlas for Starters
  • Underwater Cables
  • Bathy – GEBCO for starters.

Here is an example webapp to inspire your results. You will need to have an ArcGIS named user license to access it.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Guy

View solution in original post

GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hi,

If you have ArcGIS Pro, I'm sure you have an ArcGIS named user account through which you access The Living Atlas and other ArcGIS Online content.  See this for reference:
Named User licensing in ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed question. Typically, maritime security begins with situational awareness of both infrastructure and dynamic elements, such as vessels and weather, in addition to threats for which you may have internal data.  The Maritime Chart Service, one of the demonstration items in our team portal, is an ideal base for maritime infrastructure because it uses ENC directly, regardless of how the ENC are compiled. Outside the USA, you will need to purchase S-63 ENC from a supplier, typically one of the RENCs such as IC-ENC.

Other data sources may include:

• World Port Index NGA
  • Mobile offshore drilling units (MODU) NGA
  • EEZ (Living Atlas) Esri
  • Gulf of Aden shipping schema – such as this - if you do not have ArcGIS Maritime Server:
    • GuyNoll_0-1671228948202.png

• Global Shipping Routes – Newer routes may be different due to the implementation of the routes above.
  • Anti-Shipping Activity Messages – NGA
  • NAVWARN – NGA (HYDROPAC 9 –IX region)
  • AIS – Multiple Sources such as Spire or MarineTraffic
  • Weather – Living Atlas for Starters
  • Underwater Cables
  • Bathy – GEBCO for starters.

Here is an example webapp to inspire your results. You will need to have an ArcGIS named user license to access it.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Guy

TUOAA21
New Contributor II

thank u so much for your answer and i  have already account on ESRI. and using Arc GIS but i didn't know how to get Arc GIS user license. 

0 Kudos
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hi,

If you have ArcGIS Pro, I'm sure you have an ArcGIS named user account through which you access The Living Atlas and other ArcGIS Online content.  See this for reference:
Named User licensing in ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  

0 Kudos