Zone Lookup Issues

07-26-2023 01:14 PM
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

I'm having issues with Zone lookup. When I enter an address in my school finder app, it shows me the elementary school associated with that address, and the middle and high school boundaries as well. The problem I'm having is, when I click on the zoom on the middle and high school boundaries, the map zooms out, but I still only see the elementary school point. I don't see the other schools. I also want users to be able to see ALL the schools and boundaries in the map on search, with the relevant ones highlighted. Right now everything outside the search is hidden. I've toggled off "Hide layers when app loads" and it doesn't seem to have an effect. Is this a bug?   

schoolfinder.PNG

schoolfinder2.PNG

0 Kudos
45 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I think you can accomplish what you are looking for by enabling layer effects. The name of the setting is a little confusing but if you go into the Lookup configuration then the Zone Lookup > Style Results section and enable "Use layer effects". Once enabled you'll see various options for styling the features within the selection vs those outside the selection. 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

OK, I'll try that. But what about not being able to see all the schools and attendance boundaries in the map?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

If I understand the issue correctly that is the issue layer effects should resolve. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm also attempting to use Zone Lookup (also here in Portland -- hi @LeviCecil!) to show our new Portland City Council Districts.  I set Use layer effects successfully, but in this case the only result we need to show is the highlighted District with the District number, which is already labeled on the map, and there is no need for a popup as the data from the columns aren't relevant for the public on this map.  How can I turn the popup off?

Portland City Council Districts (arcgis.com)

Paul

KellyHutchins

In the app configuration go to Zone Lookup> Options and deselect the "Enable map pop-up on zoom" property. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

I tried that.  I still get a popup.

PaulCone2_1-1697035740249.png

PaulCone2_0-1697035719521.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Do you mean the popup information in the side panel? If so no we don't have a config option to disable that. You could update the popup to contain a custom description that just  lists the info you want instead of the list of fields. 

If you really don't want anything except the search/info to appear in that side panel you could paste the following into the "Custom CSS" field located under Theme & Layout > Theme 

#resultsPanel{
display:none;
}

In a future release we plan to have a map only version available and this might suit your needs better but it won't be available until next year. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Ok, I tried it without the popup, but it was lacking a bit, so I tried it with, and now on mobile, the popup covers up the result pin...

20231012_160725000_iOS.png

So I'm tempted to try Experience Builder and a Mobile View there to see if I can get a better experience, but that feels like overkill.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

This issue came up a few weeks ago and I updated the app logic so that the pin isn't covered. This update will go out in the next release of Online in a few weeks. Here's how the update will look. 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 9.19.43 AM.png

0 Kudos