Zone Lookup Issues

07-26-2023 01:14 PM
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

I'm having issues with Zone lookup. When I enter an address in my school finder app, it shows me the elementary school associated with that address, and the middle and high school boundaries as well. The problem I'm having is, when I click on the zoom on the middle and high school boundaries, the map zooms out, but I still only see the elementary school point. I don't see the other schools. I also want users to be able to see ALL the schools and boundaries in the map on search, with the relevant ones highlighted. Right now everything outside the search is hidden. I've toggled off "Hide layers when app loads" and it doesn't seem to have an effect. Is this a bug?   

schoolfinder.PNG

schoolfinder2.PNG

0 Kudos
45 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok I found it looks like its this one. It seems to be working for me https://pdx.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=e2e4809ee732411c9f0dca06c78cda38&fi...

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

It's very strange -- it's working for me too now, but then on the config map it stopped working.  If you have some time I'd be happy to meet and show you.

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Now it's not working again on three different devices, and I haven't even republished.

PaulCone2_0-1698417338834.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Could be a caching issue sometimes things are hanging around and clearing the cache post release solves the issue.
0 Kudos
PaulCone2
I don't think that's the issue. I just tried it on my partner's work computer, which has never browsed to the public page with the app, or AGOL at all, and it also says location not in Portland, even though it clearly is.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Are they clicking on the map, entering an address or using the 'Use current location' option available through the search box?  

Any additional details you can provide about this can help us try to track down the issue. I've tested on Chrome, Firefox and Safari and also on my iPhone and my husband's laptop and so far all seems to be working for me. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

When it fails do you see any errors in the developer console? The app is still working for me across multiple devices and browsers. I'll ask some co-workers to test too and see if we can repro 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

All of the above and none of them work.  A pin clearly drops in a polygon, but it returns no results text.

PaulCone2_0-1698419783050.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I can reproduce if I use the dev tools to spoof my location as Portland. Now that I can repro i'll dig in and figure out what is going wrong. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Ok after more testing I found the issue. In some cases the search was happening before the layer was fully loaded causing no results. I have a fix and we'll get it into an Online patch most likely on Monday night. So if all goes well the app will be back to normal Tuesday. 

0 Kudos