Zone Lookup Issues

07-26-2023 01:14 PM
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

I'm having issues with Zone lookup. When I enter an address in my school finder app, it shows me the elementary school associated with that address, and the middle and high school boundaries as well. The problem I'm having is, when I click on the zoom on the middle and high school boundaries, the map zooms out, but I still only see the elementary school point. I don't see the other schools. I also want users to be able to see ALL the schools and boundaries in the map on search, with the relevant ones highlighted. Right now everything outside the search is hidden. I've toggled off "Hide layers when app loads" and it doesn't seem to have an effect. Is this a bug?   

schoolfinder.PNG

schoolfinder2.PNG

0 Kudos
45 Replies
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

Excellent -- thank you!

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

It seems to be working now -- thank you again!

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Hi again @KellyHutchins.  We're running into another issue with our Portland City Council Districts lookup tool.  Searching by an address returns a District, but clicking on the map inside a polygon doesn't return a result.

Portland City Council Districts address lookup.png

Portland City Council Districts click lookup.png

Can you take a look?

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Hello again @KellyHutchins -- we're still having an issue where clicking in the map doesn't return results.  This worked before.  Can you take a look?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The locator used by the app has to be able to do a reverse geocode in order to search the clicked location for an address. In your app it looks like that is failing with your locator. You can test this by switching your app to use the esri world locator and both search and click should work. 

We'll look into this for the next release and see if there's a way we can fall back to other search methods if the reverse geocode fails. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Thank you Kelly. When we were working on this before I had inadvertently dropped our second locator, which supports reverse geocoding. The custom one we primarily use doesn't and I had left just that one on the app. It's working now.

Reverse Geocode: (Public/Geocoding_PDX) (portlandmaps.com) [portlandmaps.com]<>

0 Kudos