While typing text, cursor keeps jumping to the top of the block

Jump to solution
01-07-2020 08:14 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

As I am typing, the cursor will pop to the top of the block I'm writing and continue on as if I've deliberately clicked myself into that position.  I have to first delete these randomly placed characters, and then click back down into the sentence I was typing to resume my thought.   It's not doing it in any of my applications, though, such as Word, or even this post.  I have to think it is some bizarre behavior that is occurring just in Hub.

I haven't timed this to see how often this is happening, but it seems to be every few minutes.  At first I thought I had stuck key or was somehow performing a combination of keystrokes to reposition my cursor.  It's happening too frequently to be operator error, though.  

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we pushed a hotfix for this. hopefully you'll see it is now resolved (refresh any open tabs you have to make sure you pick it up!)

View solution in original post

21 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can reproduce this. we'll look into it!

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Thanks goodness!  I'd hate to think it was just me, and that I was going to have to work this way from now on. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we pushed a hotfix for this. hopefully you'll see it is now resolved (refresh any open tabs you have to make sure you pick it up!)

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I've been working steady for about 30 minutes, with no jumping cursor, so your hotfix took care of this.  Thanks Graham!

0 Kudos
KeganWilson
New Contributor

I have a member that has been experiencing this same issue in Survey123 on an Apple phone that received the latest iOS 13 update. The cursor jumps within the template to the top of the survey when entering information.

None of the Android or windows users are reporting this issue however.

Does the HotFix apply in this instance as well?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

unrelated but I'll get in touch with that team regarding your comment

0 Kudos
KeganWilson
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kegan,

Is it possible to get a screen recording showing the form loading and the jumping effect?  If you're not familiar with it, you can easily record the screen in iOS - see How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same / similar issue for us James. See screen recording below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l4-zzF_f35F5aJdzJv8eXHdRgllnoYJM

Cheers
Emma Graham

0 Kudos