Select to view content in your preferred language

Tooltips pop-up contains unspecified fields

01-10-2022 02:43 PM
DouglasKnabe
Occasional Contributor

Version 2021.2.95

I created a map visual, and there are some odd unspecified fields in the tooltip pop-up. I've never liked how the lat/long automatically shows and cannot be removed, but now the variable I am using for the dynamic visual title appears in the tooltip as well. Not the value, but the actual variable name (richnessTitle). I do not have this in any of the fields, it is only specified as the variable for the visual title. Also shown is ROW_ID. What is this and is it possible to get rid of it? It's not in my table that I can see. This is incredibly frustrating as it makes the map visual virtually unusable when there are nonsense fields shown that will only confuse the end-user. Am I overlooking something? Screenshot attachedrichnessScreenshot.PNG

8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for posting your feedback here and we will definitely be in touch! I agree with you on the X,Y having no value in the pop up, but originally this was spec'd out as a requirement. Overtime we feel the need to change direction on this, and we are looking to make some short and long term improvements with map tips in the visual. 

Are you using ROW_ID in anywhere in the field well?

DouglasKnabe
Occasional Contributor

Not using ROW_ID anywhere. It's not even a field in my tables. the richnessTitle isn't in the field wells, it's only being used in the title of the map.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you can shoot me the PBIX file we can take a look. I suspect we're aggressively taking any field used anywhere and throwing it in the tooltip. We are in process of reviewing the tool tip experience, so we can improve this in a future release.

Your feedback is extremely important.

Thank you,

Andrew

FranciscoCaraballo
New Contributor

Hello all, this is happening to me now, same ROW_ID field in the tool tips box when you mouse over a location.  Any solution so far? Thank you!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're seeing the ROW_ID on our side too and will get an issue to fix that. It's definitely a bug. That said we are looking at ways to improve the map tips and provide a better experience. 

If you have any requests, please post them to the ArcGIS for Power BI Idea's section and we'll work through building requirements there.

DJurecic
New Contributor

Is there any update on this subject? I was trying out the ArcGIS visual today and am also seeing ROW_ID as a tooltip with no way to remove.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the ROW_ID has been fixed in a release that has been handed off to Microsoft and we expect to be in production within 2 weeks.

You can read more about this here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi-blog/arcgis-for-power-bi-v2022-2-change-log-and-up...

0 Kudos
Dinesh-PowerBI
Emerging Contributor

Hello Still that is not Resolved, Kindly help .

Ref Attachment

0 Kudos