Sign in to ArcGIS (ArcGIS Online) will not open log-in prompt for any reports with loaded data

Jump to solution
10-27-2021 02:48 PM
NeilHubbert
New Contributor

Hello, 

Since the August or September 2021 Updates, my reports have been finiky with allowing me to sign into my ArcGIS Online Acount. Some days its logged, with all my maps and layers loaded from my ArcGIS Online Content, while other days the ArcGIS Maps show up blank and I am unable to sign in because of no-prompt. If I publish the maps to my Sharepoint site, the ArcGIS maps will load again with all of my layers, etc. But the visual will not load on the desktop program. 

I did some testing and the pbix files that have data loaded in them will not load the already created maps / the log-in prompt will not appear when adding it as a new visualization.

If I open a new report and add the ArcGIS Maps for PowerBi visual to the blank dashboard, it will open up the login prompt to my ArcGIS Online Account like nothing is wrong. 

Are my datasets (which are loaded from a mySQL server & Sharepoint site) preventing theprompt screen? 

I have cleared the cache on my PowerBI Desktop (Data Cache Management Options, Q&A Options, and Folded Artifacts Cache Options) and I deleted the local CEF file. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@NeilHubbert - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can! 

This issue has come up from a few other areas and the solution below seems to resolve the problem. In short, there is a conflict with the cache / CEF folders between Power BI Desktop (store version) and Power BI Desktop (standalone or IT-installed versions). 

Try these steps and then let me know what happens! 

1. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
    • .exe version— %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
    • Microsoft Store version— C:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App
  2. Delete the folder named CEF.
  3. Delete the folder named Cache.
  4. Restart the machine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@NeilHubbert - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can! 

This issue has come up from a few other areas and the solution below seems to resolve the problem. In short, there is a conflict with the cache / CEF folders between Power BI Desktop (store version) and Power BI Desktop (standalone or IT-installed versions). 

Try these steps and then let me know what happens! 

1. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
    • .exe version— %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
    • Microsoft Store version— C:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App
  2. Delete the folder named CEF.
  3. Delete the folder named Cache.
  4. Restart the machine.
NeilHubbert
New Contributor

@AnthonyLatini  THANK YOU!

0 Kudos