Power BI Visual looses all settings

Jump to solution
05-20-2020 09:06 AM
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

The Esri Map visual in Power BI is not saving settings. I set everything up for a boundary map based on one country and it is all fine. Go to another tab and back again and all settings have been lost. This has not been an issue before and seems to be an issue since the May edition of Power BI. It seems that the bug reported here is back again. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ESRI-ArcGIS-maps-arent-saving-changes/idc-p/1099172#M57047  

22 Replies
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

Hi Jon Emch‌, I think it is the latest and not so great May version of Desktop that is causing all the issues. Certainly as reported here if you were to roll back to the April Desktop the issue with losing setting goes. The issue with Polygon shapes was there previously but seems to be a lot worse with the May version. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ESRI-ArcGIS-maps-arent-saving-changes/idc-p/1108440#M57141 

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey David,

Could you post the PBIX you are working with?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

This issue has also been solved with the June Desktop. Good to see it largely all seems to be working again. 

KendrickMiller
New Contributor

Jon Emch  We are experiencing the same issue with our Power BI reports.  Server is 'North Central US (Illinois).  Maps are not presenting the base map settings, color schemes, and boundary settings.  Refreshing the page allows the map settings to present appropriately, but not on initial page load up, and once the user's cache clears it reverts to default.

MarkBall
New Contributor II

Any update on a fix for this save settings issue? I use the Power BI Desktop app. It automatically takes all monthly updates from Microsoft. Based on reading this and the PBI community logs, sounds like an issue from the May release of updates?

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mark,

A defect has been written to address the PowerBI Desktop issue: BUG-000131196. If you would like your account added to this defect, please log a support ticket. Once I see a change in the behavior, I will update you all here.

Keep on keeping on!
Origudes1
New Contributor II

How can I do it if I am not in the USA? AUS

0 Kudos
RenzoFlinterman
New Contributor

Hello Jon Emch, 

I have the same problem here in my Power BI desktop version. It doesn't save the changes I have made in the ArcGismap. I already updated my Power BI desktop to the recent release in May. 

Also, a few weeks ago I noticed that when I published my Power BI desktop report to PBI online, the heatmap I set was gone. Only the default theme of the ArcGismap appeared. Based on the reactions on this page the two problems are probably related?

My server is located in the Netherlands, Western Europe.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

We have also noted this behavior in the Netherlands datacenter, and Microsoft is aware of this. I will keep you posted on updates as they come.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

The June 202 release of PowerBI Desktop should resolve the persistence issues.

Keep on keeping on!