Power BI report published to service loses basemap and data color settings

05-19-2020 09:08 AM
PaulHuey
New Contributor II

I have a Power BI report with the standard ArcGIS visualization that is published to a Power BI service tenant that uses the Street Basemap and custom colors for Symbol Color.  This report had been rendering properly for several weeks but now renders with the Light Gray Canvas basemap and default Symbol Color values.  This happens on multiple browsers even after the browser cache is cleared.  I have also attempted to re-publish the report but it still renders with the incorrect settings.

Did ESRI push a change that altered rendering in Power BI service for this visualization?

15 Replies
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

I am finding that setting are not saving within Power BI Desktop. I set everything up for a one country boundary map go to another tab and back again and all settings are lost. This seems to have been an issue previously and was fixed but is now back again. 

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all,

I am a representative of Esri Technical Support. We are currently tracking this behavior that occurs in PowerBI Online. Would you please reply to this thread with the region location of your PowerBI Tenant? You may access this information by going to PowerBI Online and clicking the question mark next to your profile picture. 

At this point in time, we know that this behavior is occurring on certain PowerBI Online datacenter regions. If you have maintenance, I would advise you to open a case with us.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
PaulHuey
New Contributor II

Jon,

The data region is North Central US (Illinois).

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

That is consistent with what we have been seeing on our end. When I get updates (and a resolution) to this matter, I will update you with that knowledge.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
PaulHuey
New Contributor II

Jon,

Thank you for your response. Any progress towards a resolution on this

issue? We have reports in production that use this functionality.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Paul, 

I have been able to confirm with multiple users that the Power BI Online persistence issue ICM – 187310866 has been resolved. Please let me know if you are still running into issues.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

I am in Australia. I expect the South East server. Great to hear that you are onto this and it will be fixed soon. It is making the visual unusable. Hopefully the fix will also fix the issue that has been there for some time that the map legend can't hold colours when you use colours and size in a map. 

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Anytime David, I aim to please. Could you comment on your secondary issue a bit? Are you by any chance attempting to modify a default color ramp with custom colors?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

Hi Jon, the June version of PBI Desktop has solved a number of issues but the issue described above is still an issue. Yes this issue is when trying to use custom colours. I need to be able to use custom colours to fit in with the Desktop colour scheme. 

0 Kudos