Power BI ArcGis Map will not map both size and color

11-03-2021 03:13 PM
ThadMurrah
New Contributor

Arc GIS map in BI.  Location is using Zip code. Size using a numeric project value.  Color is using Action Stage (an alpha text dimension).  Some zip codes have one project, others have up to 10 projects within the zip code.

Problem is, it appears to do either color or size, but not both at the same time.

I want to create a visualization by which the user can see the relative opportunity within a state, and see the different types of projects.  Also see the value of each project if they hover over.

I'm happy to share the PBIX file.

3 Replies
twsuds
by
New Contributor

If you convert Action Stage to a numeric field it will work.  I noticed the same thing as it used to work in version 2.92 of Power BI.   Perhaps you could create codes for Action Stage and then convert to numeric and give it a try.  ESRI needs to fix this becaase it worked fine before this new release.

0 Kudos
JoseGonzReal
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue under release 2022.2.107. I am able to map either Color or Size but not both at the same time. Unfortunately, @twsuds solution to use a numeric field for the color variable did not work. @ThadMurrah are you still experiencing similar issues? 

JoseGonzReal_0-1654270079586.png

0 Kudos
SKaras
by
New Contributor

Hi mate,try to switch from "boundaries" to "points" in location type. Layers --> Layer Options --> Location Type. It worked for me, so now I can create bubbles that are formatted on size for one measure, and color on another measure.

SKaras_0-1665138208075.png

0 Kudos