Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting live data from ArcGIS Online to Power Bi

05-14-2024 01:58 AM
GISNCC
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have looked at videos and read some blogs but still confused about how to get data from ArcGIS Online to Power Bi.

I can - add an excel spreadsheet with x/y coordinates (in WGS1984) and drag the x/y into the Latitude and Longitude fields and get them to display on a map in power bi.   I can also sign in to my organisation account and add in reference layers into the map if I already have something mapped (eg from excel spreadsheet). 

However I don't know how to create that 'first' layer using Get Data to use a ArcGIS Online layer (as opposed to a static excel spreadsheet).

I have tried Get Data > Web and entered the URL (copying the URL of the feature service in ArcGIS Online). 

Then I get the following:

GISNCC_2-1715676958468.png

GISNCC_3-1715676986648.png

I am not sure what to do next. Is copying the URL from ArcGIS Online enough information?

Thanks,

Karyn

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

https://resource.esriuk.com/blog/how-to-use-arcgis-with-power-bi/

I've been trying to use this website and it's getting me places, but trying to figure out the token error.  

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Basically, there are 2 options:

1. share your service with everyone.

2. use a "proxy service" with stored credentials if you want to avoid the token. please follow this solution:

Limit access to public ArcGIS Online layers - Information Lookup | ArcGIS Solutions

0 Kudos