Select to view content in your preferred language

Dublin County not being Dislplayed Correctly

12-14-2023 02:15 AM
ireladan
Emerging Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having problems displaying the county of Dublin on a map. The rest of the counties are being displayed correctly, but the ESRI map for Power BI is only selecting the city section of Dublin and not the whole county.

image.png

I've tried most every combo I can think of to indicate its the whole county. Any thoughts?

Thanks a mill

4 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@ireladan - Thank you for reaching out. Would you be able to share your dataset here with me? I would like to test this against a newer build that we will be sending out in Q1 of 2024 and I want to see if it has been resolved there. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
ireladan
Emerging Contributor

@AnthonyLatini - thanks for getting back to me. I've attached the table I was using, with the figures randomised. I've tried various ways of specifying Dublin - Dublin, Ireland; County Dublin, Ireland; Dublin, Leinster, Ireland; I even tried using ISO 3166-2:IE.

Looking closer at the map produced, it looks as if for Cork, the city is omitted (the opposite of what's happening to Dublin)

cork.jpg

Thanks again and if you want any other info, just let me know

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@ireladan - Thank you for the data! I had a look at it and saw the same behavior. I was able to recreate some of this data and it now appears properly in ArcGIS for Power BI. Please let me know if this dataset helps. I have added a screenshot to show how it should appear in the component. 

In the Location type widget, ensure you select the appropriate data fields to render the boundaries on the map. You can use either Closest match or Exact match and the results will be the same. 

AnthonyLatini_0-1704310223094.png

0 Kudos
ireladan
Emerging Contributor

@AnthonyLatini Interesting, thanks! I was using the wrong county names for some… that said, is there no way to group the four local authorities in Dublin and reference it as one? It'd be common enough in Ireland to just have data grouped by county and not local authorities, especially since the rest of the country is not broken down that way. So they're two different ways of referencing places and rarely would a dataset have both as they are slightly different (hope that makes some sense!)

0 Kudos