Select to view content in your preferred language

Drill button not working with last update from ArcGis Map power BI

a week ago
nglchased
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling a bit right now while trying to use a drill button that I have in one of my reports. This button acts like Drill through and whenever you select a point from the map, you could go and check relevant information from that location.

With the last update from June, whenever I click in one of the spots from the map, it doesn't allows me to use the button.

To discard if it was something that i was missing in the configurations, I use the same button but with another map and is working properly.

Could you guys please fix this or let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roland_at_Planet
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.   I have a map that shows locations and when I select a location the tool-tip says "Right-click to drill through", but this is for a public report and most users won't know what "drill through" means. 

I need the button I set up for drill-through to work. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Roland_at_Planet @nglchased - Thank you for reaching out about this issue. Would it be possible to post an animation (GIF) of this behavior? I am unable to reproduce this on my end using various and multiple data types. 

A follow-up question: are you both using the New modern tooltips option in Power BI? If so, those tooltips are not officially supported in our component as they are in a Preview state. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Roland_at_Planet
New Contributor

Roland_at_Planet_0-1720639180976.png

@AnthonyLatini - Thank you for the response, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not using modern tooltips.  What I'm trying to do is use a button to drill-through when a location is selected.  This was functional prior to the recent update.

The button would be disabled until a location was selected. Once selected (as displayed in the screenshot), the button would be active and drill-through to another page in the report.

0 Kudos
nglchased
New Contributor

Complementing what Roland said, I have the same case, whenever I select a point on the map as you can see in the image below, the button does not work as it should, before the update when you selected a point, the button was active and drill-through you to another page of the report.

nglchased_0-1720793910273.png

0 Kudos