Select to view content in your preferred language

Drill button not working with last update from ArcGis Map power BI

07-05-2024 05:23 AM
nglchased
Emerging Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling a bit right now while trying to use a drill button that I have in one of my reports. This button acts like Drill through and whenever you select a point from the map, you could go and check relevant information from that location.

With the last update from June, whenever I click in one of the spots from the map, it doesn't allows me to use the button.

To discard if it was something that i was missing in the configurations, I use the same button but with another map and is working properly.

Could you guys please fix this or let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,

10 Replies
Roland_at_Planet
Emerging Contributor

I'm having the same issue.   I have a map that shows locations and when I select a location the tool-tip says "Right-click to drill through", but this is for a public report and most users won't know what "drill through" means. 

I need the button I set up for drill-through to work. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Roland_at_Planet @nglchased - Thank you for reaching out about this issue. Would it be possible to post an animation (GIF) of this behavior? I am unable to reproduce this on my end using various and multiple data types. 

A follow-up question: are you both using the New modern tooltips option in Power BI? If so, those tooltips are not officially supported in our component as they are in a Preview state. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Roland_at_Planet
Emerging Contributor

Roland_at_Planet_0-1720639180976.png

@AnthonyLatini - Thank you for the response, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not using modern tooltips.  What I'm trying to do is use a button to drill-through when a location is selected.  This was functional prior to the recent update.

The button would be disabled until a location was selected. Once selected (as displayed in the screenshot), the button would be active and drill-through to another page in the report.

0 Kudos
nglchased
Emerging Contributor

Complementing what Roland said, I have the same case, whenever I select a point on the map as you can see in the image below, the button does not work as it should, before the update when you selected a point, the button was active and drill-through you to another page of the report.

nglchased_0-1720793910273.png

0 Kudos
nglchased
Emerging Contributor

Hi guys, is there any feedback or update related to this issue? We will be attentive, thanks in advance!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor

Hi @nglchased@Roland_at_Planet ,

Could you please log a Tech support issue so we can work through this with a tech support to understand your work flow and how you have configured the button so it is enabled when a location is selected to allow drill through to happen?

Thanks,

Alagiri

0 Kudos
bigarabuza
New Contributor

Have there been any movement on this topic? I am facing the exact same issue. I rely quite a bit on this feature as users don't easily know how to drillthrough using the right click option.

0 Kudos
bigarabuza
New Contributor

I'm wondering if this is a Microsoft issue. I tested out IconMap and Azure Map. IconMap had the same issue we are facing here, however Azure maps worked just fine.

0 Kudos
kl0702
by
New Contributor

I'm also facing this issue. Is there any update? Thanks.

0 Kudos