ArcGIS for power bi not saving symbology

11-03-2021 02:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm facing a very frustrating issue regarding the symbology in the map visual.

I set the symbology and it works fine until I use a specific filter and there is an error on the map and then the symbology vanishes.

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous User 

We agree... very frustrating and we have fixed this in a release due out in 2 weeks. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Andrew

GustavoDrets
New Contributor II

Ok, thanks

Same happens in Power BI for report Server (september 2021), any ideas when this version will be updated?

0 Kudos
DavisJackson
New Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Is there any chance you can provide an update on the estimated ETA of this fix? We've been leveraging ArcGIS for PowerBI to display territories across the US, and naturally the 40,000 zip codes cannot be displayed all at once, so we leverage filters to keep under the 10,000 data limit. However, with symbology not saving, our implementation has been all but useless lately. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Davis,

We're looking to hand off the next release to Microsoft this week, which optimistically would have it land in your Desktop around December 1st. We're hoping for sooner, but I think this is realistic.

If you have the time too, I'd love to hear about your workflow and how you're limiting the polys. Depending on what you're doing, we might have a new method that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Great news to know this is going to be fixed in the new release. I look forward to the new version. 

Is upgrading MS PowerBI itself is the only way to upgrade ArcGIS for PowerBI? or it can be upgraded seperately?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
rafaelrofer
New Contributor

Hey, Andrew. 

Have this update already rolled out? I'm still facing that annoying issue.

FYI, I'm using Power BI Version 2.100.1401.0 64-bit (December 2021) and ArcGIS for Power BI Version 2021.2.95

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was a significant update that went out in mid December, and there's no changes required to your local client. We have another small release that is expected to be in production after February 9th that would resolve this behavior. 

0 Kudos
GustavoDrets
New Contributor II

Same here, 

I think next version might help

please take a look to https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi-questions/latest-arcgis-for-powerbi-update-is-bug-...

Regards

Gustavo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

RS is usually behind by 3-4 weeks. If I hear anything concrete I'll let you know.

0 Kudos