Select to view content in your preferred language

"When a record is updated in a feature layer" not trigger with Experience Builder update

Jump to solution
12-23-2023 11:09 AM
JJ_Reyes
Occasional Contributor

I have a flow based on the "When a record is updated in a feature layer" trigger. If I update a field in the AGOL interface, the flow runs fine.

If the same layer is updated via an Edit widget in Experience Builder, the flow is not triggered at all. The Edit widget is using a data entry interface that was created in Field Maps designer. 

@AnthonyLatini - is this expected behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@JJ_Reyes - The flow should trigger so long as the associated layer is linked with the trigger. The source of the edit, create, or delete should not matter as long as the appropriate permissions are set up on the layer (meaning that editing is enabled, etc.). 

We may need to jump on a quick screen-share to see the behavior since sharing screenshots might be too cumbersome here. Please send an email to: alatini@esri.com so that we can coordinate a time to take a look. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
JJ_Reyes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @ZacharyHart. That doesn't seem to be it. My flows aren't even triggering when the layer is updated in Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor
And only EB?
That's really good to know. Thanks!
0 Kudos
JJ_Reyes
Occasional Contributor

Correct. EB does not work. Updating a record in AGOL "Content" interface does work. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@JJ_Reyes - The flow should trigger so long as the associated layer is linked with the trigger. The source of the edit, create, or delete should not matter as long as the appropriate permissions are set up on the layer (meaning that editing is enabled, etc.). 

We may need to jump on a quick screen-share to see the behavior since sharing screenshots might be too cumbersome here. Please send an email to: alatini@esri.com so that we can coordinate a time to take a look. 

0 Kudos
JJ_Reyes
Occasional Contributor

I realized EB was using the view for the edit widget and Power Automate was using the original layer. After I updated Power Automate to look for updates on the view, the flow works on both the back end and EB.

0 Kudos