Select to view content in your preferred language

Error synchronizing edits with server from AutoCAD

Jump to solution
01-12-2016 10:50 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Moved from ArcGIS for Server

Update:

i  have 4 services that i am bring in to my cad document. one is polygon, one is line and two are point services.

When i add features and go to synchronize with my server i get the following message, twice

MyMapService: Errors encountered in adding features. error processing server request.

when its over it tells me that the only features that updated were to the line and polygons. the points failed to update. Oddly i can delete features tho.

anyways when i go to check the AGS logs i see the following

Message: Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect. (more)

Tagert: Landscape/L_Site.Mapserver

Code: 100005

Method Name: GraphicFeatureServer.Add

So it seems the error only happens on my services that are point geometry.

Any thoughts?

original post:

So after adding features to my feature service layer in AutoCAD when i go to sync my edits back up to the server i get the following error

Message: Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect. (more)

Tagert: Landscape/L_Site.Mapserver

Code: 100005

Method Name: GraphicFeatureServer.Add

Can any give some in-site as to what this means?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Thanks for checking that Randall. The two fields created by Editor Tracking would still count as Date fields. From what we have gathered so far (10.3.1 server, presence of Date fields, and that specific error message), this looks a lot like a known issue I also encountered recently in another similar case:

BUG-000093410: Not able to sync back edits from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 feature service in ArcGIS for AutoCAD when a date field is present

This issue has been taken care of with the 10.4 release.  In order to confirm that it is the same known issue above could you publish another feature service without Editor tracking enabled and test with that one as well? 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Randall,

What is the URL you've used to add the service to AutoCAD? Also, would you be able to install Fiddler (https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddlerhttps://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler) to see what HTTP requests are being made when you attempt to sync, and what the response may be?

-Scott

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Hi Scott,

its point to out public facing url*  http://afgisweb/fullerton/rest/service

on further investigation it seems that i can delete features just not add them.

I can down load fiddler. What am i looking for when i use it?

*regardless of it being public you can not access from outside the network due to the firewall

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Randall,

I would recommend using the fully qualified domain name when adding feature services through ArcGIS for AutoCAD (ex. https://myserver.esri.com/arcgis/rest/services/EditableServiceName/FeatureServer), this is just a best practice but not necessarily required.

In Fiddler, you will want to verify that traffic you're triggering in AutoCAD is showing up in the logs. If this is successful, you would want to try identifying all requests that AutoCAD is making to your service. This can help clarify if AutoCAD is sending a bad request (invalid parameters, malformed url, etc.) or if the server has returned the error. The HTTP status code will be one of the columns in your Fiddler logs. Ideally, every request would be 200 (successful). Here is a link listing all HTTP status codes that could occur: List of HTTP status codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia​.

Fiddler will give you a lot of information to go off of. The HTTP status code is a starting point, giving you an idea of what's going on between AutoCAD and your ArcGIS Server. Depending on these results, you can see whether the issue lies on the client (AutoCAD) side or the server (ArcGIS Server) side.

-Scott

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Hi Scott,

Thanks i will try using fully qualified domain name and see how that goes and see if i have better luck.

If that doesnt help i will lokk at fiddler

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

So it only happens on feature service that is points.

Im going to try fiddler but im also going to xpost in arcgis for autocad.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Randall, rather than creating a new question in the other location, if you just add ArcGIS for AutoCAD  in thread thread, it will be posted there.  I suggest doing a cut and paste from the other new post Failure to synchronize features when added in autocad when the feature service is points in this thread, and delete the other.  You can also just use Moving Content​ and move this thread to the autocad location.  No need to duplicate a post.  Thanks.

RandallClark2

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks is for the feed back on the cross post.

i updated this post with the information from ArcGIS for AutoCAD post and added the Arcgis for Autocad tag.

i tried to delete the other thread but i can actually figure out how to do that.

For the time i will leave it here and if i cant get it resloved over the weekend i will move to the ArcGIS for AutoCAD place.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It does take a bit to get used to the flow of the forums, but once you get it, it works great.  The other thing is you can actually delete the other, if you haven't already, instead of just leaving my duplicate message.  That will stop anyone from accidentally replying there instead.

Hope me you find an answer...sorry I cant actually help.  

RandallClark2

Actually you help. I cant figure out how to delete my other post.

Care to enlighten me?

0 Kudos