Select to view content in your preferred language

Error synchronizing edits with server from AutoCAD

Jump to solution
01-12-2016 10:50 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Moved from ArcGIS for Server

Update:

i  have 4 services that i am bring in to my cad document. one is polygon, one is line and two are point services.

When i add features and go to synchronize with my server i get the following message, twice

MyMapService: Errors encountered in adding features. error processing server request.

when its over it tells me that the only features that updated were to the line and polygons. the points failed to update. Oddly i can delete features tho.

anyways when i go to check the AGS logs i see the following

Message: Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect. (more)

Tagert: Landscape/L_Site.Mapserver

Code: 100005

Method Name: GraphicFeatureServer.Add

So it seems the error only happens on my services that are point geometry.

Any thoughts?

original post:

So after adding features to my feature service layer in AutoCAD when i go to sync my edits back up to the server i get the following error

Message: Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect. (more)

Tagert: Landscape/L_Site.Mapserver

Code: 100005

Method Name: GraphicFeatureServer.Add

Can any give some in-site as to what this means?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Randall, actually I couldn't see how to delete it either, although I think you can. Of course, typically "we" wouldn't want others to delete their threads since the way the forums work is for others to read and see how others resolve things, so maybe it's not an option to delete, even if duplicate threads. I'll tag Timothy Hales​ to see if he can delete the duplicate ..  Failure to synchronize features when added in autocad when the feature service is points

timothy, if deleting dupes is still allowed be th OP, it might be a good post be you on the geonet help page (I didnt find one in my search).  Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Regular Contributor

Maybe a dumb question, but, was Sync checked on when setting up the service?  By default it is off.

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Not a dumb question, but yes Sync is checked.

It gets more interesting as some services will sync and others won't, for example when I bring services that are lines or polygons I can make edits in cad have those sync up.

Its only on a service that is a point gemotry.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Regular Contributor

Do your point features have M values?  You can check by the feature class properties and on the General tab under Geometry Properties.  If a feature class has M values, it's not possible to edit correctly via a web service.

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Hi Michael,

Just checked none of the point features in my database have M values.,

0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Randall,

Just a few more questions and observations in case some of that helps:

-What is your ArcGIS Server version that hosts your Feature services?

-Any chance that the difference between the ones that allow you to add or update feature attributes and the ones that give you the error message is a Date field in the latter ones? In other words, do the ones that give the error have a Date field whereas the ones that work fine do not have a Date field?

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

10.3.1 - i will update my post to reflect that.

And no, the only date field im am using is the last_create and last_edit fields that are added by the Enable Editor Tracking
0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Thanks for checking that Randall. The two fields created by Editor Tracking would still count as Date fields. From what we have gathered so far (10.3.1 server, presence of Date fields, and that specific error message), this looks a lot like a known issue I also encountered recently in another similar case:

BUG-000093410: Not able to sync back edits from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 feature service in ArcGIS for AutoCAD when a date field is present

This issue has been taken care of with the 10.4 release.  In order to confirm that it is the same known issue above could you publish another feature service without Editor tracking enabled and test with that one as well? 

RandallClark2

Hi Christoforos,

That seemed to do the trick.

I went through my usual routine for creating feature class, minus enabling editor tracking, and then publish a service to me server and brought it to AutoCAD and yup it seemed to update with new features just fine.

Thanks for your help

ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

​Randall - that's good to hear, thanks for testing this out and confirming that disabling editor tracking (and making sure that there are no other Date fields) gave you a workaround for now at least. 

As for the 10.4 release - that is scheduled to be released within the first quarter of 2016.