Add a filter widget to ArcGIS Field Maps

03-03-2021 06:50 AM
Rose_Geater
New Contributor II

Add a configurable filter widget to ArcGIS Field Maps, much like the filter widget in Web AppBuilder. 

ArcGIS Field Maps is commonly used where users collect additional information on, or collect a related record against an existing feature. It would be really useful to be able to filter between different attributes on those layers, e.g. for priority points. Symbolising according to the feature works only when a few distinct attributes need highlighting. For anything more, different field maps need to be created with the different filters set as default. This can lead to having to manage, maintain and download multiple maps. If the user could filter on attributes of a layer from a single map this would be really useful. 

75 Comments
DougBrowning

Yes and yes please.  This actually gets asked for a lot.  I have talked with the team directly on it even.

We need it so a contractor can filter out and see just their points.  We have many contractors so I cannot make a map for all of them.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-collector-ideas/configure-filters-or-searches-in-collector/idi-...

Going back to 2016

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-collector-ideas/filter-fields-on-feature-layer-directly-in-coll...

There are some posts on early adopter also I think.

thanks for considering!

ElleniFRogers

Massively needed in the Utility and Telecom domain. A key use case is being able to filter assets based on certain material types for example. 

by Anonymous User

Please create a filter feature. Our field users could use to target seed collection for certain species of prairie plants for restoration projects.

StefanBrandt

I don't have much to add to what has already been said.

A feature like this would be much appreciated.

MatthewFogarty

+1 - Please add this functionality! I manage assets for a tree company and it would be fantastic to be able to filter by species/dbh etc in the field maps application. 

LianneStewart_AI

This would be very helpful. Similar to the Web App Filters. 

MarkEastwood

This would help us out a lot.

Our users constantly ask for this functionality. 

MArreguin

Please, please add this functionality. I'm coming from the utility asset management domain. 

GayleNeufeld

I've been asking for this for 2 years (with Collector).  I'm very disappointed that this very basic functionality hasn't been included in Field Maps.  We end up having hundreds of overlapping polygons on each iPad, and we work offline for days or weeks at a time without any access to WIFI.  Without the ability to filter by attribute we find that the Esri field data collection apps are unusable for us.

MatthewFogarty

Seems like low hanging fruit to me!