Select to view content in your preferred language

Table widget: only export fields shown in the table, not the entire dataset

02-09-2022 07:40 PM
Hayley
by
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to for the table widget to only export the shown fields in the table rather than all the fields in the layer? I know this is possible for Dashboard widgets so some similar functionality would be super useful. 

For example, I only have a few fields selected for this table:

Hayley_0-1644464251992.png

However when I export the table, it gives me the entire spreadsheet with the raw data and even fields I had hidden in ArcPro.

Hayley_1-1644464345856.png

Is there a way to configure this in ExB without having to reconfigure all my layers? 

Thanks!

HL
27 Replies
AngelaSchirck
Frequent Contributor

So it is now September 2023 (nearly a year since this promise of a Nov 2022 fix) and I STILL do not see this happening.  I am using the developers version of Experience Builder (since the enterprise version sucks!) and when I export table it exports ALL the fields, not just the fields selected.  When did you say this would be fixed ESRI?!

jchester73
Regular Contributor

Do you know when this will be implemented for Enterprise? My CSV exports from Portal are including all fields, even though some are turned off in both the web map and Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
DavidRasner1
Occasional Contributor

The layer view workaround works. Owners will export all attributes (for some reason), everyone else will get only what you see in the table.

The problem is that it also exports auto generated geometry attributes like coordinates for points, or area and length for polygons, which created some confusion for our users.

So currently i gave up on this and made a small microservice that exports clean spreadsheets with a button. Hope you can improve on this in the future. 🙏

Jason-Daily-Dev
New Contributor

Could you please share how you do this? I made one button widget using local experience builder developer edition, but did not figure out how to add arcgis online. I have some experience application, and want to use this widget.

0 Kudos
Hayley
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Jianxia can you please confirm if this has been resolved? When I export from my tables now it honours what is shown in the table 

HL
0 Kudos
BC_Admin509
Emerging Contributor

I found a work around, hopefully this helps. From Experience builder you will need to click on the table and configure the fields once you have the selected fields that you want exported you'll need to follow the steps below. 

BC_Admin509_4-1697576679855.png

1. Select the select icon and highlight the data.
  2. From your table you’ll select the four-circle icon and export selected. You'll know you configured your table correctly when you only see the fields chosen within the table widget.

BC_Admin509_2-1697576470183.png

3. The results should look like this –

BC_Admin509_3-1697576470183.png

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, that works great in EB 1.12 dev ed, I was using 1.9 and couldn't eve do that!

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@Jianxiaare you aware this issues exists for other widgets that allow tabular exports such as the Query widget? At Exb v11.1 despite my fields being specified I get them all...

ahargreaves_FW_0-1722884173674.png

Cross posted here also

0 Kudos