List widget elements does not react to other elements within the container

03-23-2022 03:21 PM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to layout the list widget on a way that elements react to other elements inside the container? I have a very simple list (see attached pic) with a "comments" section. The problem is that if I set the text box to auto or stretch it cover the next element on the list. If I set the text box to custom, you can only read one or two lines or have a big empty space to cover for long comments. Does anyone know ho to fix this ?

Thanks

list.png

JB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this, unless you put the "date created" into the same text box as the comments, perhaps with a line break between them.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank Josh for your suggestion!...a "glitchy" design. The List container should adjust to the content. I am using the dashboard list widget that does adjust to the content and i can control the look with arcade. Not sure why is not implemented on Exp. builder. 

Thanks,

JB

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In a Dashboard List, each list item is essentially a text box that you fill in. In ExB, though, each list item can have any number of child elements, like images, buttons, multiple text boxes, etc. Those elements' size and position will be dependent upon the size of the parent container (the list item), but the dependency doesn't go both ways.

I think it would be a good idea to somehow have the parent list item container be responsive to the total size of its child elements, but when there are potentially many elements involved, it seems quite a bit more complex than in Dashboards.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos