Experience Builder- Embed Widget Issue with Survey123

Jump to solution
04-19-2021 07:16 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Experience Builder Team, 

It appears there's an issue with embedding Survey 123 forms in the Embed widget. This action is supported in other platforms like websites or in ArcGIS Dashboard. 

Is this on the roadmap to support or is this a bug?

We would like to leverage S123 data editing through Experience Builder. 

Amanda__Huber_0-1618841602483.png

Thank you, 

Amanda

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all,

This issue (BUG-000138982) has been fixed in ArcGIS Online June 2021 update, you can now embed a survey by using the Embed widget, all URL parameters to a survey are also available.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Amanda__Huber,

Thanks for bringing this up. It is a known issue due to the fact that the Embed widget in ExB uses certain URL check methods but the Survey web form does not support it. We will keep an eye on it and see whether we can coordinate the fix. Keep tuned.

Best,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing

Thank you for looking into it, we really appreciate it. We have numerous use cases for using S123 in the Embed widget with URL parameters (not only params coming from the data) vs the S123 widget. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
DennisQuick2
New Contributor II

Hi Tonghui,

As of 10.9.1 this appears to once again be broken. When bringing it in, you get an error concerning the missing JS API

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

I am using this workflow, embedding surveys to allow editing. I am using the URL parameters to dynamically load the surveys in an ExB window. I get the same error message; however, when I publish it, it's working just fine... 

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all,

This issue (BUG-000138982) has been fixed in ArcGIS Online June 2021 update, you can now embed a survey by using the Embed widget, all URL parameters to a survey are also available.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

ChesapeakeBayFoundation
New Contributor II

Trying to do this as well for the first time. I need to use a list to select a record to edit (instead of selecting a feature from the map). Which is why I'm using the embed widget instead of the survey widget - It appears that I have to use the map to select a feature to edit when using the survey widget. 

But as soon as I connect to the data and add the globalID parameter, the survey does not show up and all you see in the frame is the URL. If I don't connect to the data, the survey does show up. The correct GlobalID does appear in the URL though. So strange. Is this related to the issue described above?

0 Kudos
DennisQuick2
New Contributor II

As of 10.9.1 this appears to once again be broken. When bringing it in, you get an error concerning the missing JS API

Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Yes it seems it is totally broken. I am not able embed survey123 form with GlobalID parameter.

Following enhancements required.

- Survey123 widget should allow link with global id without map or feature layer. In my case survey form is not feature layer. It just table.

- Embed widget should allow us to write expression to build url with globalid parameter such as "https://survey123.arcgis.com/......?mode=edit&globalId={GlobalID}"

0 Kudos
anonymous55
Occasional Contributor II

it was working last week just simply add url to embed widget but right now I am getting this error. it just works on public surveys 😞 

ARM_0-1648045584191.png

0 Kudos