Filter widget -selecting multiples values

Jump to solution
07-20-2021 08:58 AM
Labels (1)
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello experience builder community,

Does anyone know if is possible to select multiple values on the experience builder filter widget? I know that it is possible in dashboard but I can't figure out how to do it in exp. builder. An example will be an user selecting multiple U.S. States and ethnic groups to filter a data table. Thanks for any suggestions!

JB

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JonathanMcDougall

@JoseBarrios1 

Ah, ok, you've got multiple states in a state field 🙂 So perhaps need to flip this.

0 Kudos
JavierCMartínezPrieto
Occasional Contributor

hello @JoseBarrios1 
I would like to ask about the filtering for multiple select.
the situation is the following, in the survey you can choose several options in a question, that is to say a multiple select.
the problem occurs in the buldier experience, i would like to be able to filter by each unique value that is in that field. i.e. filter by the list that composes that select multiple and not by the records sent. if i use the expression "is any of" only allows me to select by the options that have been sent and not by the values of the table.

Would you know any way to make this filter.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Javier

Javier C. Martinez Prieto
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Hello Javier,

I'm not sure if I'm clearly understand your requirements. Do you mean using the filter widget on Exp. Builder to filter a table widget on the survey123 field that contains the values separated by commas? Take a look at this example that I created. (https://arcg.is/1fjjzv) If you select the "At Risk List" menu at the top menu you can see a set of filters on the left and a table on the right...the user can filter by State...on the State field that contains multiple values. Does this similar to what you need?

JB

0 Kudos
JavierCMartínezPrieto
Occasional Contributor

good afternoon,

I have visited the link (thanks for posting it) and if it is something similar to what I need. I need to make a filter that allows me a multiple selection (as in your experience), the problem is that when I create the filter in the experience it does not show me the values of the list that I have in the survey, but the records that have been sent and being a multiple select, these records appear separated by commas.
How could I create a filter that allows me to perform multiple selection and show me the selection values as they are shown in survey123, that is to say separated and not as they were sent after the survey?

thanks

greetings Javier

P,S: if you speak Spanish, we can write to each other in Spanish. hehehehehe

Javier C. Martinez Prieto
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

see if this workflow works for you!

ExpBulder.png

0 Kudos
CenkDemiroglu
New Contributor II

Thanks for this workflow, but the filter still doesn't show the options separately (but treats each combination as a different option) as in your case with state abbreviations. How did you get to have that interface on your left?

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Here is a graphic representation of the left side panel. The left container of the "slider widget" have a column  and a bunch of colored rows inside, separated with a divider and space. Inside the rows are some text box for titles and filters. Very simple. For the "states" I just created a bunch of filters to look the value on the table column with states separated by commas. Let me know if you have any other questions!

JBexp.png